Question For Those With Schizoaffective

Do you find that when experiencing mania, it helps alleviate some of the negative symptoms or cognitive deficiencies associated with schizophrenia?

2 Likes

Yes it does for me.
I have more motivation when Manic.

2 Likes

It alleviates some negative symptoms but the damage I do during a mania isn’t worth it.

1 Like

I don’t have mania but the Latuda I take is an antidepressant and causes a little mania. It helps with negative symptoms but I’d rather not have it.

1 Like

When I was experiencing it this summer I had tons of motivation and was doing all sorts of things I hadn’t done in ages. I was feeling really good. It was very depressing to go back to baseline. However I am not sure if the mania itself was causing this improvement or geodon as when the mania ended I still had improvement until I quit geodon then it went away.

2 Likes

yea, motivation for sure, also sociability. I’ll be more outgoing, extroverted, social, more likely to attend social events. I consider the lack of social communication skills to be my main issue with sza right now, cognitively. That and executive functioning, but i digress…I become a social butterfly. Make new friends! Then I wake up one day, not manic, and I’m like aahh who are these people and why are they texting me?

1 Like

Nah, I’m always retarded lol

1 Like

I’m fortunate to not have that bad of cognitive problems. When I’m truly manic it’s too much thinking all the time and way too fast. The only time I can think of where I couldn’t deny I was manic was when I had a new AD and I messed with my AP’s. The AD was actually for sleep.

1 Like

Last time I was manic, I was getting straight A’s in a business math class I was taking in college while everyone else in the class was failing the course. So, I guess it does improve you cognitively. I also was improved negative symptom wise enough to be motivated to work towards a certificate in Microcomputer Office Technology in a community college.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.