People who think they're superior

Im sick of neurotypicals who think they are superior because they can do things I can’t. Everyone high functioning never consider the struggle of those beneath them.

I was like that when I was a neurotypical, always looking for some way to get ahead. Now I can’t take pleasure in my work and my potential is much less.

Don’t you just hate people who ignore everyone who isn’t as ambitious as them? And then they form this little club for everyone who is on their level and treat everyone else like they don’t deserve to exist.

Like for example the ceo who never acknowledges the custodian.

This type of attitude makes me sick.

3 Likes

this does not seem like an unusual belief. this seems like a very normal belief that many people hold:slight_smile:

I deal with it every day bro. My little brothers are both attorneys and I definitely don’t get treated as an equal when they have their other lawyer friends down from the city. I’m college educated but my illness stopped my ambitions dead in their tracks. I haven’t worked in about 5years and it makes me crazy to watch other people that are able to function on a higher level. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy for them but man does it hurt at the end of the day.

6 Likes

It’s crazy the ■■■■ we used to take for granted like being able to think and feel at the same time. Just being able to do that places someone in a higher category than me.

1 Like

I have always acknowledged and been kind to everyone, even when I was ‘normal’ but I miss being able to function like that. I was in the top 10% nationally and got good grades easily. I recently went back to school and it’s much harder. I have to study twice as hard to retain what I used to. I studied my ass off for my first exam and normally would have aced it but I only got 75% on it. I was like WTF??? f’ing sucks ass that things are so much harder now. Also the stigma of being mentally ill sucks too. While it may not be true with everyone, there is a general air of superiority towards the MI. It’s wrong but it’s true.

1 Like

I’m at community college and I’m struggling to keep up with the classes I registered for. I think it’s because of my meds or my symptoms but it makes me feel like a loser/failure.

@eduvigis I feel you. I feel like I got punched in the gut with my first test. I studied hard for what should have been an A. I am also in a self-paced math class, thank God, so I can sort of learn at my own pace. Having to work so hard is taking it’s toll on my self worth but I won’t give up. You shouldn’t either. It’s just harder with a MI and we have to give ourselves a break because of that.
P.S. I’m sure the meds play a role too, Like u said

1 Like

@eduvigis what classes are you taking? I am taking Math, Human Development and Psychology. 13 credits

yea i told myself that I wouldn’t get bitter from having this illness but its almost impossible not too

People who think that they are Superior?

Well that’s easy, that would be the primary psychopaths in my family.

My father a Malignant Narcissist
My brother another Narcissist who is so warped mentally that he is beyond repair.

My brothers wife another personality disordered psychopath who does nothing all day but spend my brothers money.

It’s really a joke now.
Now that I am aware and have insight I have a renewed sense of power.

They can criticize me and dump thier problems and insecurities onto me - I now know how to play them and push their buttons.

I am a lot smarter and stronger than all of them put together.

The funny thing is that my brother tells me that I am smarter than he is.
He also tells me that I am strong willed.

These are really sick and twisted individuals.

But in a way I kind of feel sorry for my brother the most.

He seems to be in a love hate relationship with my father.

I really think that he is so damaged psychologically that therapy can’t even help him.

1 Like

Art Appreciation, Biology of Men and Women, Ethics and International Politics

Those look like pretty challenging courses. Just do your best and give yourself credit for going in the first place. That’s what I do. My Psych class is a shyt ton of intensive reading and it’s a challenge to take it all in but I’m hanging in there

That’s surprising, psych was one of the easier ap classes in high school, maybe its alot harder at the college level. These classes were the easiest I could find, just 12 credits, but they’ve been challenging me. I wish you good luck in your classes and hopefully you’ll be able to get those much needed B’s. I need all the help I can get so send me some positive vibes.

I deal with that everyday. I’m a special education assistant, not a teacher. Some of the teachers look down on the assistants. It’s frustrating. There’s one in particular who is a younger fairly new teacher who is so arrogant. She says things that are wrong sometimes too and I can’t even correct her because I wouldn’t in front of the kids. But I can’t stand her, or people like her. I don’t understand such a narrow view from an educator, that you would disregard those in different positions in life. We all have a part to play.

2 Likes

dont be intimidated by people. Its cynical to think that they are arrogant enough to think theyre better than szs. I know when people are in groups they tend to ignore the little guy, but thats just for show.

We have to not feel inferior to them in any way, just different. Not better or worse

1 Like

What I don’t like is these people who walk around with a frank, “I’m better than you” attitude. A lot of people think they are better than others for different reasons, but they should have the grace to keep it to themselves. If you have to say it out loud, you’re probably not.

The team I used to work in at work all had a superior attitude. They think of themselves as the elite team at work. And the managers don’t help, they feed that attitude.

Thankfully I don’t work with them anymore. Although I’m technically only on trial in my current team so I could be moved back to them, but my psychiatrist has written a letter to my bosses stating it would be detrimental to my mental health and recovery to do so.

Get this. One staff member at work hosted an RSPCA “pupcake” morning tea to raise money for the RSPCA. Another staff member noticed no one from my old team was in attendance so she went over to them to remind them all the event was happening and that it was for a good cause. They all just stared at her and one said “we’re waiting until it’s over and they give away the left over cupcakes for free.”

The gall!

I have always been reluctant to pursue further education because of my severe social anxiety and the fear of failure due to my undiagnosed learning difficulties.
Those of you who are taking college classes are to be admired. I wish all of you great success with them.

5 Likes