Being superior

Being superior makes me miserable. My whole childhood I thought I was God and it became egoistic when I got older. I don’t want to be deaf, dumb, and blind because of my gifts!

1 Like

I don’t know much about being superior or feeling superior.

My train of thought is that there is always something to learn.
I do understand ego will almost always be there.

1 Like

We have to protect ourselves against ego or pride. Humility is always the right thing to do, it protects us as well as though who cross are path.

My whole life I had a self righteous nature. I overcame that. I was also prone to pride, but not with hate, until I became an adult. I had nothing at all to make me superior, just a very good imagination. Today I draw, write, and play a musical instrument. And I am a good reader, which is a wonder because I’m wacked out of my mind. But of all the artwork I do I won’t be professional for about twenty five years. I will be 75. It’s humbling to be around people, especially the mentally ill, because I look like a child. Maybe the good things I have to offer are like a tree. A tree provides shade for people on a hot day. I really want to play guitar for people because it’s just masterbation if I only play for myself. People can really provide inspiration when they enjoy what I do!

1 Like

When I go off meds I start thinking that I am Jesus and that I have Jesus’s magical genes. So I can do miracles even on myself. I thought I could cure cancer, mental illness and every illness that exists. I thought I was the smartest one on Earth and that I am God’s son, the chosen one. I thought I was going to discover a new infinite energy source with no pollution etc

Now I am embarrassed about having such thoughts when off meds.

I even called 911 and told them that I am Jesus and that they should protect me and praise me lol I was so sure of being the king of the world and that I will bring heaven to earth.

Temporally i feel superior, but Sz is far too humiliating.

If you get me on one of “those” days, I can and will be arrogant and condescending. I’ve done it here and in real life plenty. Got no problem admitting it. Am working on it. Fixing me will take years. I figure with my luck, I’ll get all of my issues resolved and die the week after.

1 Like

I’m aggressively social but fall down a lot. I wouldn’t say I feel superior to anyone else. I would think with some of what I deal with I’m inferior in a lot of ways but I keep trying. Even when psychotic I soon came around to feeling inferior pretty quickly.

It’s not a continuous thing, but some days I can think ‘Wow there’s so many stupid people’. Then other days I’m thinking 'I’m so ******* thick"

I think I’m the smartest man in the world when I’m off meds! I also thought I was on famous commercials as a kid. I figured since I was the smartest I would make the greatest president of the USA! :joy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.