Parental overcontrol

No it isn’t. But only because Big Pharma has succeeded in convincing the rule-bound, authority-following, one-dimensional pin-heads that genetics is the only source of etiology for sz. Every now and again, however, someone like Mathjis Koopmans comes along and blows the greedy ■■■■■■■■ out of the water. See Koopmans, M.: Schizophrenia and the Family: Double Bind Theory Revisited, presented at the National Council on Family Relations, 1995; the American Psychological Assn., 1995; and the International Congress of Psychology, Montreal, 1996.

1 Like

Big Pharma fully belongs to Big Oil industry : medications are simply fine petro-chemistry.
We’ll have to wait the end of oil era for major breakthroughs in the cure of schizophrenia.

With my mother there was a degree of over control especially in the years of my illness ie having a different view from her resulted in “Are you taking your pills?” or " I think you are getting ill again". With my father there was also control in the sense he let me know he was “head of the house”. He sent conflicting messages ie on one hand treating me as though several years younger than I was. On the other hand saying " If you were well and not in college you’d be in work" and expecting me to pay half or more of my benefit money as keep.
When I got older and independent my mother used to try to control by making a crisis for me into a drama for her. My father , " I’m the head of the house" /alpha male apart, was emotionally uninvolved when it came to interacting with me about my illness. That’s still the situation nowadays.
When together my illness became another excuse for my parents to argue with each other.

They are definitely big players via their shareholdings. And according to some reports, so, unfortunately, is East Coast organized crime. (Sigh. But… always follow the money.)