New medication, yay

So I finally showed up at my psychiatrist’s office today. She said that I shouldn’t be worried for cancelling the last three appointments because " I don’t really expect you to come, anyways".
Somewhere in the middle of conversation I started to cry. That was the first time I cried at therapy session.
At the end of appointment, she gave me a new med., actually added it to Zoloft and wellbutrin.
Here it is called Abizol,

USA Abilify.
Just great, here I am in the AP’s Club.
:sunglasses:

Never, ever cry in front of your psychiatrist.

8 Likes

What made her prescribe you aps? My friend was also prescribed aps for god knows what. Still baffled about it, she doesn’t have psychotic features

I’m on Abilify honey. I bet your on a low dose, since your don’t hallucinate.

1 Like

Apparently I have distorted perception of myself and reality as it is. And it also helps with depressive symptoms.
It is only 5mg.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Good luck :kissing:

Thanks. Oh well. I’m all chemical being anyways.
Hey @Sammyp what’s your dose?

Woooooo welcome to the club, the abilify club. We’re practically brother and sister now

1 Like

I think I’ve cried at every appointment so far. This last one was a mess and my ad dosage was upped.

10mg but I’m going to doc today to get 10mg twice a day. What dose you on?

I get 300 mg shot monthly and 15 mg oral nightly. Works well for me no sideaffects

She only saw me cry once before, when she wanted me to stay in hospital and I was totally unprepared for that. That was a year ago.
I’m very uncomfortable with crying in public so I guess I surprised even myself.

5mg. I’m really not ready for “starting a new drug” period. :confounded:

The end of your post made me laugh. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I hear you. I’m on a roller coaster :roller_coaster:

Great, no one can hear you scream there. :smirk_cat:

Oh that’s pleasant :baby:

Welcome to the abilify club. 5mg is a low dose, but it gave me suicidal ideation at that dose, everything is OK at 10mg ideation wise. I hope it does the trick for you.

1 Like

I hope Abilify works for you. :blue_heart: < manly heart

1 Like

Your so manly bluey :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

I was also on 5 mg Abilify. In two years I gained 1kg a month. Watch out girl :eyes: If you notice increase in restlessness and increase in appetite talk to your doc immediately. But I was high functioning. I also enjoyed gambling at that time. :poop:

1 Like