My experience with abilify

In my experience with abilify, I find that my sleep, libido, anhedonia and everything has been really improved. On invega, I had no sleep, no libido, severe anhedonia, etc. Just wanted to share my experience with it. What’s your experience with the med?

5 Likes

I have no libido on Abilify…

I like it. I take it at night because it helps me sleep. I think the main reason I’ve been having symptoms is because I hadn’t taken my meds in a few days that and I smoked. It reminds me I’m still schizophrenic without meds. I’ll resume them asap.

1 Like

with abilify i can sleep much much better than on the other stuff i.e. risperdal, mellaril etc.

i also find it easier to talk. i had poverty of speech on the other stuff.

i gained some weight since on meds but so what. i’ll just have to try harder to lose the baggage.

judy

I’ve been on 15 mg of Abilify since January, and it’s working pretty well for the most part.

My experience with abilify was quite the opposite. All of the above were worsened. It goes to show that no two brains are the same.

2 Likes

There are a couple of guys who I believe are lawyers on youtube on my computer talking aggressively about how Abilify destroys a person’s impulse control. They sound pretty serious about it. They could be trying to start some kind of class action lawsuit against the makers of the drug.

I liked abilify enough, but I went off it and got a lot worse. Then it didn’t work for me when I tried it again.

I’m on 400mg of Abilify per month since January of this year. I get an injection on the shoulder but supposedly it’s better taken in the buttocks. It seems fine with me.

It gave me akathesia at five mgs. Really bad. That was some years ago. Maybe wouldn’t affect me the same now.

I actually got an increase in physical strength from Abilify. That’s rare, for an ap.