Med change.....again....boo!

After almost 8 months of no med changes and thinking i was okay and doing better, i have slipped these past few months and got a serious med increase. I hate the adjustment period when changing meds. I have apparently been depersonalizing and i know ive had some derealization issues as of late. Iver the past month or 2 tho i have been in rapid cycling mania mayhem. Its been pretty rough. My wife just brought alot of this to my attention in pdoc session on mon. Guess she was scared to bring it up before that or i just overlooked what she had been telling me. Ive been on my own planet now since October and according to others im slowly getting worse again. I will just have to take their word for it. I have been manic and i generally feel good when manic so i can’t judge myself. Im at max invega dose and now just upgraded to almost max seroquel 2x per day, which means a morning dose wgich i hate, it drags me down so much. Plus new AD and switched mood stabilizers. Heres hoping ive found my cure!! Wish me luck…

3 Likes

Good luck @Reggie!!! I have been having a horrible time on my meds since Nov 2016. They aren’t stopping the voices and everything feels out of control. I just give up. I’m hoping to get back on track sometime soon.

1 Like

Good luck. I had to try several meds before I found one that actually worked.

1 Like

What meds have you taken and did you try the supplements suggested on this website?

Wow, you sure changed a lot! I hope this helps you. Let us know how it works out! Sorry about the morning dose. I hated that.

2 Likes

Yeah but i guess since ive been manic so much it was time for a change. Havent had good rest in months, stressed to the max, busy as hell, my home situation changing, its all been a cluster-fck of a sht-show!! Lol. Ive had some serious visuals start popping up from time to time so i needed to do something. Just havent had the paranoia ive had in the past so i thought i was good. It seems im playing chess with my illness, for every move i make, it counters with a different symptom or changes how i feel about certain symptoms. Difficult to try and keep it all straight. Im just going to plug on thru and see what happens. My Pdoc has been a lifesaver so far and pretty dead on so im gonna obey. I guess he had some things he was thinking about tweaking and this gave him a reason to do so.

I havent tried any supplements. I have been thru the ringer with APs, ADs, and moodstabilizers tho. Found a good one with Invega, i really notice a difference with and without it, seroquel was added last big change as a secondary to deal with audible stuff, Invega really just keeps my paranoia and delusions at bay, which is my worst symptom to deal with. I started treatment almost 4 years ago on just seroquel and an AD but that ended in complete psychosis and psychotic break. I think we really have a handle on it just the constant tweaking to get it just right can be tiresome when we are the ones who have to feel the ill effects and side effects of the drugs, Pdoc is doing good and i agree with the change this time. Just really hate a morning dose of seroquel, means im going to sleep all day for like a month!!! Which sucks alot, im just getting my energy back, or maybe thats the mania, who knows, ill leave it to the guy with all the medical degrees!!!

1 Like