Max income on ssdi this year USA

They’re hiring at my apartment complex for a maintenance cleaning position. It’d be ideal. Low stress no commute familiar environment. Wondering the max money I can make with keeping my ssdi.

oh wow that sounds ideal, would they let you work part-time? Then you could stay out of trouble part-time lol

edit: I’ll look up SGA for you, it might take a minute to find

1 Like

I emailed her about the hours. Might be an on call type of thing. I’m not sure I hope so though.

SGA for 2017 is $1170 so I guess if you earn less than that you could still get your ssdi. I think that’s how that works.

I just read that if you go above $840 it would be considered part of a “trial work period”. I don’t know if that may lead to benefits potentially being cut-off if you had too many months of earnings that qualify as a “trial work periods” I’m not sure actually but I would like to know because sometimes I think I could work part time too but don’t want to lose my social security benefits either.

1 Like

You also can’t work more than 20 hours a week, or else you’ll lose the SSDI.

1 Like

Where did you hear this? I’m pretty sure it’s the amount of money you make not the hours that puts up the red flag.

1 Like

I worked for a disability law firm that filed SSDI and SSI benefits. I know what I’m talking about. If you work more than 20 hours, you’re not considered too disabled to work. They look at income AND hours.

1 Like

Sounds right if you’re applying for disability but if you’re on it already I think they only take into account income over 840, I’ve been working part time for 3 years sometimes working a little more than 20 hours a week and I still have my disability. I don’t make more than about 500 a month.

Stay under 840$ and you will be fine.