Gave up on my job and school - feel better

Just last week I quit my job because of stress and then started an accounting class. Since I graduated from a prestigious university and never had a problem with school before, I thought it’d be easy, but I felt the memorization was too stressful and couldn’t do it. The past few days I’ve been at home helping with paper work, watching movies, going out to dinner, etc. and realized my symptoms were much milder and I wasn’t having a mental breakdown every day. However I can’t help feeling purposeless. This seems like a long shot but should I try get my associates in IT and start my own business? I’d very much like to do something meaningful with my time and can set my own hours… I feel like quality of life is important to me. I have no idea what to do with my life.

Or… I don’t know. Some people I know apply for public housing and just live rent free and receive some disability money.

when I was in school I learned IT, engineering and programming and I was stressed beyond belief. but it was just when I started to get sick.

Its up to the individual. If you attempt something, you may surprise yourself and come out on top. But you may fail. There’s no shame in attempting something hard and having a back-up plan in case something goes wrong. And there’s no shame in using every resource to help you succeed. Every great man or woman had help at some point. It’s extremely hard to make it to the top alone. There’s a concept of a " Calculated risk". And the old saying is true, “You make your own luck”.