Frequency with those who hear voices in the head

Hello everyone I am new to this forum, I am from Florida I was diagnosed of paranoid schizophrenia at a late age 44 years but I was many years with anxiety and depression problems.
I sometimes hear voices in my head very rarely, 4 or 5 times a day, but other days I listen to them countless times, the whole day without stopping which is an unbearable torment.
I would like to know how often they listen to their voices and what they tell them their voices because to me always tell me bad things to kill that steals that hurts people and things like that.

Please someone can help me and guide me a bit. Why some days I hear so much and other days so little, almost nothing? My Social Security psychiatrist does not give me the slightest explanation. The only thing he does is to stuff me with medicines.
Many thanks in advance and a greeting to the whole forum.

1 Like

Stress and anxiety has a lot to do with it in most people. People who are doing well and then have something stressful happen are more likely to relapse.

Hi and welcome @Rix!

I have good days and bad days too. I had a great day on Tuesday, I didn’t see anything and ignored all the spies out for me. It was a good day. Then wednesday the shadow man played messages to me through the radio telling me I’m a devil and must die and that he is preparing for my funeral. And when I got to work, all the office noises were SO LOUD to me I couldn’t stand it and my boss let me go home at lunch time.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that I think it’s natural to have good days where you don’t believe there’s anything wrong with you at all, and days when (maybe I still don’t believe there’s anything wrong with me) but I am experiencing things that other people aren’t.

Schizophrenia is like the ocean, it comes in waves, can get really scary, full of scary monsters, can be calm etc.

1 Like

I have schizophrenia and I have one voice in my head that says it is my subconscious, it talks to me a lot of the time every day. I also don’t have to talk back to it, it knows what I am thinking. However it doesn’t say anything bad. But it is really annoying to hear a voice in my head. Had it like 6 years now.