Fitness quest reboot

I had lost 20 lbs a couple months back doing the Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. It works, but it’s freakin’ expensive*, and having to follow it made me insane in terms of food choices. I’ve now gained back 10 lbs.

My exercise routine has gone to ■■■■. I’m walking some every few days, but not every day the way I want to.

Trying a reboot. Going back onto myfitnesspal.com. I know I can lose weight there – more slowly – but I do get to enjoy foods I like so long as I keep them within reasonable amounts. It works with my Fitbit. Which I am going to try and take advantage of again.

Also dusted off the DVDs for this program that I own:

I’ve used it before and had solid results. I’m just lazy. This is the same guy who is behind P90X, which I also own ($3 at a garage sale, baby – w00t!), but I know better than to try it until I get thru a TMT video without acting like my cat hacking out a hairball.

It makes me crazy (pun intended) that I can be so on top of certain things professionally, but can’t take care of my own body properly. I’ve been getting some results from the sarcosine in terms of remembering personal hygiene, so maybe it will help me remember to exercise.

If there are others here who need an exercise buddy for motivating each other, please PM me. I need all the help I can get.

Anyone else dealing with the same frustrations??

Pixel.

• By expensive I mean that in one month we spent an additional $1100 for groceries for a family of three buying sprouted wheat organic bread, brown rice and quinoa organic pasta, organic fruit/veg, soy replacements like extracted coconut aminos, etc. I think half the reason FMD is so popular with movie stars is that they are the only ones who can afford it!
4 Likes