Fitness quest reboot

I had lost 20 lbs a couple months back doing the Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. It works, but it’s freakin’ expensive*, and having to follow it made me insane in terms of food choices. I’ve now gained back 10 lbs.

My exercise routine has gone to ■■■■. I’m walking some every few days, but not every day the way I want to.

Trying a reboot. Going back onto myfitnesspal.com. I know I can lose weight there – more slowly – but I do get to enjoy foods I like so long as I keep them within reasonable amounts. It works with my Fitbit. Which I am going to try and take advantage of again.

Also dusted off the DVDs for this program that I own:

I’ve used it before and had solid results. I’m just lazy. This is the same guy who is behind P90X, which I also own ($3 at a garage sale, baby – w00t!), but I know better than to try it until I get thru a TMT video without acting like my cat hacking out a hairball.

It makes me crazy (pun intended) that I can be so on top of certain things professionally, but can’t take care of my own body properly. I’ve been getting some results from the sarcosine in terms of remembering personal hygiene, so maybe it will help me remember to exercise.

If there are others here who need an exercise buddy for motivating each other, please PM me. I need all the help I can get.

Anyone else dealing with the same frustrations??

Pixel.

• By expensive I mean that in one month we spent an additional $1100 for groceries for a family of three buying sprouted wheat organic bread, brown rice and quinoa organic pasta, organic fruit/veg, soy replacements like extracted coconut aminos, etc. I think half the reason FMD is so popular with movie stars is that they are the only ones who can afford it!
4 Likes

Walked 8 miles today. Just about to do some strength training and call it a day.

Pixel.

2 Likes

I really need to get my yoga dvd out. I would like to exercise alongside you but getting myself into a routine is blah. Keep posting, maybe it will rub off on me.

1 Like

I challenge you to start with 15 minutes of walking tomorrow, leisurely pace! You can do it!

Pixel.

1 Like

ok, I accept the challenge !! I will walk around the block.

4 Likes

I am dealing with same problem. Thanks for posting. Needed inspiration to try, try again. So tired of carrying around extra weight and have serious health issues because of it. Best wishes for the reboot! :muscle:

3 Likes

I’m back on www.myfitnesspal.com - plz PM me if you want a link to my profile (don’t want to make it searchable on public side of forums as it goes back to real world identity).

'Nite all.

Pixel.

Walked 3.5 miles yesterday plus half an hour of step aerobics. Planning to walk 7 miles today after I drop off a resume. More weights this evening. Have been tracking and keeping within calorie limits.

Edit: Walked 8.2 miles, logged them with charitymiles.org on my phone to make $2 for Autism Speaks, and then hit the weights. Am now feeling ouchy.

2nd edit: Walked 1.7 miles with Mrs. Pixel. Now wanting to walk the last 0.1 mile, because, OCD. Also, very ouchy. VERY.

Pixel.

1 Like

I just started going to the gym again as of yesterday it’s been pretty much since March!

:wink:

Not trying to sound so I apologize if I do but those programs that are designed to be strictly adhered to with there own diet and strict workout routine dont seem to work for most people.

I managed to be kinda healthy for maybe 5 yrs or so until depression and a bad back stopped me.

I didn’t start making and keeping progress until I made my own diet and workout schedule.

I think its just human to nature to not want to be forced into pretty much anything really ,I mean I hate forced into anything.

If someone comes up and nicely explains why I should do then practically points out the benefits then I might want to take part but being forced or the feeling of being forced just flicks the off switch in my brain.

Its actually cheaper grocery shopping healthy if you do your OWN homework first.

That ‘organic’ stuff is just a expensive fad.

If you fill the hunger with cheap easily mass produced vegan stuff like chili and cornbread,homemade mac and cheese,peanut butter sandwich while you are doing a routine that you are comfortable with you can almost eat whatever you want for your regular meals.

Im going to try doing some squats now.

-ask your wife if you can start doing all the house cleaning

-if you’re going to walk go up hills or better yet hike

-start doing online activities on your phone and stand up while on

-sleep more

-eat lots of dairy

-switch it up your muscles know your routine surprise them

-set goals like enter a race in next couple months

-Get into dance classes that are free I do them on some Friday nights

-drink more water lots of it

-eat slower

-drink green tea

-pace your kitchen with music on instead of TV

hey Pixel, I’m also on MFP but I haven’t logged my food in a really long time. I should but I’m hesitating. I lost weight without counting calories. Just swapping dinner with raw vegetable juice. I’ve done beach body programs in the past, now I’m doing a body building program. Check it out, it’s called Beast Body.

1 Like