Do you ever wonder if you're stupid?

I have Schizophrenia. I was diagnosed at 19 years old and have been in and out of the hospital since. But I wonder sometimes if I’m seriously stupid. Everybody treats me like I am. And when I think about it, that’s how people have treated me my entire life. I think I am a little slow minus the diagnosis. Yet I’ve gone to school, got my GED, and passed a nursing assistant class. I don’t understand what kind of stupid I am or if it’s just my illness. Yet if it IS my illness then why were people treating me like I was stupid even before then?

1 Like

Can you give an example?

People who consider me stupid are stupid themselves for considering me stupid, savvy?

2 Likes

You are able to put a paragraph together. You are able to contemplate such an idea. I think you sound smart. Look at your accomplishments, you’ve done well. You’re not stupid. But I know where you’re coming from asking the question. I ask myself the same question daily. Then I wonder “didn’t I used to be smart”. You are not alone.

2 Likes

There are many people in the world that think they are smarter than everyone else.

@Shmy You are NOT stupid.
You have Schizophrenia.
There is a difference.

2 Likes

I think I’m stupid all the time. Having this disease makes me think that there’s something I’m not getting. How is any of this happening?

When I think of one I’ll let you know.

Just the fact you question wether or not your stupid… pretty much rules out you actually being stupid…

1 Like

Try using a different posture?

People, if they are the bossy depreciating kind in the first place, will subconiously look at posture. People predisposed to being turds will do so if the posture is a slouch or slump of the back, narrowed shoulders or bowed head. Anything which states the other person is not alert and/or feeling down.

I never had a brain.

I tend to think negative about myself, but I’m trying to change.

1 Like

a guy I like told me ‘you are stupid in a sexy way’ :cat: I only laughed. Depends who calls you stupid and how it is said.

Do not care much.

1 Like

A “friend” of mine yesterday told me "lmaooooo your funny " when I was being serious about something I was telling him. It was as if he took me for a joke, finds my personality hillarious, and not up to par in terms of intelligence compared to his & probably everyone else. It really hurt my feelings. @mermaid1

Thank you very much

1 Like

Aww I am sorry.

I find other people funny when they are serious sometimes too. It means your friend is light hearted I guess. Does not mean you are stupid. Maybe your friend found you very cute when you are serious.

I am sorry it hurt you. Does not at all mean you are stupid in any possible way.

You could be right. I have a habit of looking at things the wrong way sometimes. Maybe this was one of those moments i hope.

1 Like

I love your profile picture it makes me feel good like those old times as a kid

Haha . Glad I could help bring back old good feelings.

I think i love your name too

Stupid is as stupid does. Just dont ■■■■ up and you’ll be fine