D-serine,sarcosine,NAC supplement experiences ?!

please tell me about your experience of using d-serine , sarcosine or NAC for schizophrenia.
I will know how it is working for you and how long it takes to work?
is your negative symptoms improving by using this supplements?

i used to work selling supplements all of them are placebos except st johns wort and melatonin

I was taking NAC on the recommendation of my pdoc. I opted not to take the sarcosine because I was worried about it messing with my estrogen. I didn’t notice any difference taking the NAC so I stopped. I’ve been off of it for 2 weeks now and I see a difference. I’m going to order more I think it helped with negative symptoms and with skin picking.

Tried nac high dose for 3 months , no effect

tried st Johns wort - after 2 days I was completely spaced out and felt like I was just floating around.

went off it and it took about 4 days for my brain to normalize. Obviously I had a bad reaction lol

I can tell you sarcosine goes well and is potent with daa. Sarcosine is like glycine. But with cognitive nootropic effects. I didn’t notice any mood changing estrogen effects while on it.

I hope you don’t mind me saying, but that’s a sweeping generalization, cactustomato. There are plenty of products in health stores that don’t benefit the customer, probably the majority of what’s on the market, but I wouldn’t go as far as to say that “all of them” except the two you mentioned are nothing but placebos.

For example probiotics can be beneficial for some (especially those using antibiotics), and creatine can make it somewhat easier to gain muscle mass, ephedrine was until recently legal to sell, and caffeine pills makes people more alert.

If there is a non-biased, serious scientific study indicating that a substance has a clinical effect, then I look at it with open eyes, regardless of whether it’s sold at the drug store or not.

i take sarcosine.

i don’t really know if it helps on its own. i know i’m better now than i was before i started ingesting it. but then i’ve had medication changes, too. and then also maybe i’m just getting better at controlling my mind. it’s hard to say because i haven’t taken it in a proverbial vaccuum, but have taken it in the course of trying a lot of things.

it doesn’t NOT help, so despite it tasting like sugar…the company i get it from, their preparation, i guess, tastes like a straight up spoonful of sugar, though extra crystallized, sorta…i continue to take it and likely will so long as i have the presence of mind to do so.

I’ve been taking a supplement called ProFrontal (Sarcosine + NAC) for a few months now and the effect was nearly miraculous and it’s still improving day by day. D-serine also worked well and can be substituted for sarcosine.

d-serine and nac worked for me in the beginning but not for ever. now i think these supplements is not effective.it is just placebo effect. and there is not enough evidence to be effective. studies only tested them on 50 or 100 patient, and not 3000 people.

1 Like