Maybe I was taking too low a dose of Sarcosine?

The szadmin said to take 1-4grams of Sarcosine. I was only taking 2 grams of Sarcosine. My review of it could have been skewed. For now on I’m going to try 2 grams in the morning and 2 grams in the afternoon. I will give it my honest assessment.

1 Like

It must be difficult to differentiate the feelings generated between all the supplements in various doses that you seem to take.

What is it that you are trying to achieve? Does it help motivate you and turn supplement into action? Or just stop you feeling miserable, perhaps?

1 Like

Right now my main focus is to improve cognitive function. It’s pretty easy for me to tell what the supplement is doing. I really only start 1-2 at the same time, so I can easily tell how it affects. Long term effects are probably hard to tell. I’ve got my core group of supplements. My mood has never been better. I don’t feel like I’m being controlled. I’ve lost weight. So good so far.

1 Like

My doctor won’t let me take sarcosine or caffeine, but l theanine on its own is accpetable. I’d like to try NAC, but I’ll have to wait and see if that is acceptable.

1 Like

I highly recommend NAC. Does wonders for me.

I tried vitamin d but it gave me restless and erratic sleeping patterns, so I stopped taking it.

I didn’t notice much. I just don’t get that much sunlight, so it seems healthy.

There are so many different suppliers/brands of NAC. How do you know which one to buy?

I highly recommend the Now brand. I think it’s smart to take 1000mg twice a day. I bought the 600mg now brand and I wish I got the 1000mg. I felt like I was being controlled before NAC. After NAC I don’t feel like I’m being controlled. I highly recommend this website as well. Free shipping over $20 dollar purchase. I’ve heard of orders in Australia arriving in 4 days.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-NAC-1000-mg-120-Tablets/59157

2 Likes

@TheBest Okay, I might give it a go. Have you discussed taking NAC and Sarcosine with your psychiatrist? I’ve talked to my psychiatrist about Sarcosine but not NAC. Supposedly there are some studies about the effects of Sarcosine out in some academic databases. Just want to make sure this stuff is reliable & safe.

I told my doctor about NAC and Sarcosine. He didn’t say anything. He didn’t tell me to stop taking them. He didn’t say it was a good thing or a bad thing. Use at your own risk I guess. Be ready to return it or throw it in the trash if it affects you negatively.

1 Like

@TheBest Well, a lot of schizophrenic people on this forum are taking both so it’s going to be a hit or a miss. But from you experience, you say NAC has improved your condition but Sarcosine hasn’t because of low dosage, right?!

That is correct.

So you are from China @anon35453467? I’ve been to South Korea and I really liked it. I’ve also remember you saying that psychiatry is more individual in the West. So they just treat multiple people at the same time in China?

1 Like

@TheBest No, I’m a Chinese born in Canada. The West is more individual based and the patients are more independent. But in East Asian countries, we live collectively as a family well into our 20s & 30s unless we are financially secure enough to start families of our own. But treatment of patients is similar as there are hospitals with psychiatric departments for assessment and recovery.

1 Like

Makes sense @anon35453467.

What’s the difference between these 2 bottles would say? I found the 600mg on Amazon.

One has veggie capsules and the other has tablets. I honestly don’t know the difference.

2 Likes

I use the veggie capsules.

Decisions, decisions… I gotta give it a bit more thought.

1 Like