Anyone have any luck with sodium benzoate? (Naben)

Just curious?

1 Like

Yes - please update us, anyone who is or has been taking this. Tell us how much per day you’re taking (and when you take it during the day) and how long you’ve been taking it (and whether you skipped days) and what results in terms of changes in your activities and feelings you’ve observed.

I’ve been taking it for about 2 weeks and I do feel good. I tried it before for about a week then gave up and forgot about it. This time I’m gonna give it at least 3 months like the trials. I feel good so far.

1 Like

Ive been taking it for 2-3 months? At a 1/2 tsp per day. When I added it to my pill regimen I just felt better, more like my old self. Maybe it was placebo but I still feel prettty good. Less flat affect and a little sharper.

1 Like

Do you live with or see other friends/family members frequently during the week?

If you do - Have they noticed a difference in how you seem to be - in terms of your affect and activities?

My husband told me I was “more animated” shortly after I started taking it. Could be a coincidence, and also unfortunately I started taking other things at the same time (pregnenolone for one) so it doesnt make me a very good guinea pig.

Ive forgotten to take it a couple of times when I took all my other pills though and I felt like I was more deadened to life. Ive run out some of my pills I take before and didnt notice any difference in how I felt not being on them.

My husband is the person I spend the most time with and he hasnt mentioned anything to me about my activities, sorry. I maintain friendly relations with a few couples but none of them know I have schizophrenia (unless theyve heard rumors) so I dont really have anyone else to monitor me.

I felt that my cognition was sharper and i was more active when on it. Too bad it also caused anxiety and i had to stop it.

2 Likes

I’m still trying it. It’s hard to tell when you also take other medications. It’s cheap though.