My Sodium Benzoate just turned up

Well my sodium benzoate just turned up. I measured 2 grams and mixed it with a pint of orange squash. I had 1 sip of the drink and I think it tastes like crap, very chemical taste. Next time I’ll only use 1 gram to improve the taste. On the packet it states not to eat it raw , you must dilute it to be safe.

I will finish the drink after and report back, but for now I only had a test sip to taste. I only had 1 sip incase it has adverse reactions, but no, I think it’s safe to drink the rest.

Well, I took the sodium benzoate 2grams at 10:00 and had an effect at 10:28. So far I like it. My thoughts are very sharp and concentrating is better. Im talking quicker and my reactions are quicker. I just don’t feel slow. I’m quicker but not speedy, just feel more reactive to things.

I diluted the 2gram drink with more water and the taste is normal and very tolerable, actually tastes okay. Next time I will only use 1gram because it’s potent stuff in taste.

This could all be placebo, I’m honestly not sure.

1 Like

Keep us posted Green! Yes in the beginning it may well be placebo, at least that’s what happened to me when taking sarcosine: first day I was over the moon, then it all went down the gutter. Hope it won’t be your case, hope it is genuine improvement !

Thanks Andrey.

I feel really focused.

I’ll have to give it more time.

So far it’s actually okay.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry I actually meant I took the sodium benzoate at 10:15 and affect was at 10:28 because I wrote it down. So it took roughly 15 mins.

Focus and memory speed seems to have been sped up without racing thoughts. It’s like I speak quicker without racing feels.

Could be placebo though, I haven’t noticed this before, though.

I’m not speaking too fast, not in a bad way, just sharper.

Well it seems the effects have worn off. I started at 10:15 and it seems like it’s worn off now at pretty much 4:00, it’s a shame it only lasts about 6 hours.

It could all be placebo but I had much better focus and sharper mind. I’m gonna take another 2grams in about an hour just to see the difference.

As for any psychotic symptoms I cannot say as I’ve had no psychotic in about a year. I don’t hear voices so I can’t judge on that. And some days I feel great anyway, so it’s hard to tell.

But at 4:00 I just had a feeling that something was wearing off, so I’m gonna try some more in an hour.

So you will have to most likely take sodium benzoate twice a day, which is a shame.

I tried looking up the half life of sodium benzoate online but couldn’t find anything.

Though I still feel pretty focused, but it could be a placebo.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind taking a medicine that works 5 times a day, if need be.

In the trial of NaBen they’re giving 500mg twice a day. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02261519

I think, but I might be wrong, taking another dose would do nothing or cause side-effects. But then again, we, who take Sodium Benzoate are guinea pigs, just look what works for you and report back.

1 Like

Have just ordered some sodium benzoate. £6 for 500g. At that price it is worth a shot.

Mine cost about £8 for 800 grams, if I remember correctly.

The way I noticed it was wearing off was when I got a lot of heat behind my eyes. It’s like inflammation in my head and eyes. I didn’t know I had it until I tried sodium benzoate. It could be placebo remember, but I had absolutely no adverse reactions.

So far so good I guess.

1 Like

I have been taking sodium benzoate for a week. around 500mg twice a day. Feeling really good and more active. But i also switched from Serdolect to Latuda a few weeks ago so it is hard to say which is affecting what.

3 Likes

That’s what it’s like for me, I take so many things like supplements, herbs and 2 antipsychotics, that I don’t know what’s working and what’s not. Some days I’m on top of the world, other days I’m plain bored outta my nut.

I’ve had my fair share of placebo effects I’ve lost count.

But I feel good at the moment.

Honestly I’m afraid to try these supplements.
Any little thing sets me off.

1 Like

So am I @Wave , but apparently Abilify helps me tolerate things no matter how strong they are, like my tolerance is really high, without Abilify I cannot handle anything. Actually my tolerance is so high sometimes I cannot feel anything except a dead zombie feeling.

Because I only take Abilify now and then, like once a week , somedays I have more feelings and can’t easily feel the effects of what I take, and some days I cannot even feel them , not even one bit. Like I take Abilify on say Tuesday, but I won’t feel the effects of that Abilify until 2 weeks later, it’s very weird Abilify.

I guess that’s just how my body deals with Abilify I guess.

2 Likes

Isnt 2 grams to much didnt they test it as 500mg 2 times a day?

Yes @Opus , I used 2 grams just to see what it would do, because I read about other trials for different things using up to 10grams.

I’m a bit stupid like that. I should of used 500mg to be safe but I had no bad effects from the 2 grams.

are you still taking it update please?

3 Likes

I’m not sure but I think it’s helping with drug addiction. When I took it my drug addiction stopped. I stopped taking it about 4 days ago and now I think I’m craving drugs again. I’m gonna leave it and see how my drug cravings go. I’m gonna start it again soon as the drug cravings creep back in.

It’s like I crave cannabis, but yeh, I’m taking Abilify and Abilify is known for that. I’m gonna wait until my cravings are unbearable, then I will continue back on the sodium benzoate and see how my cravings go. :slight_smile:

1 Like