Zyprexa experiences?

It worked well for me. was stable 4.5 years I stopped because I didn’t like the side effects. expect to be very hungry and to gain weight.

1 Like

I have a good experience with zyprexa, it gave me a good nights sleep on 5 mg. I was calm and collected for ten years, an only gained a few punds.

The reason i changed meds to abilify, is a very long and complicated story, but sometimes i miss zyprexa.

1 Like

Sadly no, only partial reductions. I fear I’m only ever going to be partially effected.

Instead of running commentary on my life, they’re just random occasional words and phrases.

The pills help, just not completely yet.

I’ll watch it. Thank you.

Lol!

I’ve heard rumors of Zyprexa induced munchies and craving carbs.

1 Like

It worked very well and made me feel normal.

But I got off of it because of the alarming weight gain.

Good luck!!

1 Like

I eat like elephant,and only on 10 mg’s.Gained 11 kg in two months.But it’s worth it…

1 Like

I went from 120lbs to 270lbs between the 2 times I tried it. I was on for a year first time, 70 pounds in a month, I was working a post office barely eating. Switched to everything else under the sun, then went on it again years later for 6or7 ish years, hit that 270. I worked out, barely ate, just ballooned, and it helped no symptoms at all. I was on 40mg a night, no help sleeping, no nothing. Sugar pill basically.

I’ve been off APs one year now since I stopped it last March, down to 135lbs. If it works on your symptoms, great, but the weight and diabetes thing is a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ My A1C went from 16 on a month on it, to 6 the month after stopping. I didn’t need insulin I needed off that ■■■■■■■ medication and the insulin shut down my kidneys.

Keep a close eye on your health. You may wanna finger test a few times a day to see if it gradually affects you so you can minimize harm.

1 Like

Really good for me. I went from poverty of thought on risperdal to really good gains on zyprexa. I gained most of my weight on previous med so I’ve actually lost on zyprexa.

It’s been really, really good for me. I have slowed down my thoughts and intrusive and racing thoughts aren’t really a problem for me anymore. Watch what you eat and eat healthy and exercise but we all should do that regardless. Hope it works well for you.

1 Like

I have been on Olanzapine for nearly three months. So far so good. I take it along with Lion’s mane mushroom extracts. During the first week I felt hungry easily and had a bigger appetite for food. But my appetite came back to normal since the second week. so it only gave me a minor increase of weight which was 1-2 kgs. I became much less tired and less agitated. Overall, I think Olanzapine is better than Amisulpride.

1 Like

The only med, that helps me a bit… It reduced my racing thoughts, helps sleeping and eating a bit more than no eating at all in my illness… Also, I was going crazier on other aps, really… The Zyprexa is quite ‘‘clean’’ if I can say so. I guess it calms down too. I still have my paranoia, but I should work on this with other methods, cause regarding my situation from the bad past 20 years, there wont be a med who will make me recover on 100%…
Well, for the negatives, its not the best either but this is a small issue…
One pdoc told me, that in his opinion, its the best ap ever. A real revolution he said… Very effective and without crazy side effects. But yeap, its a sedative ap.
Good luck @Ooorgle!

1 Like

@Ooorgle I’ve been on risperidone, abilify and Zyprexa, and Zyprexa was best out of the three for me. Risperidone caused me to stop menstruating so I switched to Zyprexa. I did gain weight on it, but it was in combination with lithium at the time in high amount. ( At the time I was bipolar, not yet diagnosed with schizophrenia. ) Personally abilify made me very symptomatic, I got off it within a short time. I’ve been on the same medications basically with some additions for 7 years now without having to get hospitalized but they may be heavier than what you need.

1 Like

@Ooorgle on a side note, when I was bipolar, I had stopped taking Zyprexa and lithium for a pregnancy, and when I was symptomatic after having the baby it no longer worked. Just a reminder, it’s never good to go off meds without a psychiatrist s supervision.

1 Like

When I was on Zyprexa I craved sugar, and I slept a lot. Sometimes it seems good to me to sleep twelve hours a day, but that gets pretty bland pretty quickly. I wish I could sleep eighteen hours a day for three days, and then go back on a regular schedule.

1 Like

Yea Zyprexa makes you gain weight fast, I was on it for a couple of months. It also made me sleepy during the day. My psychiatrist and in my experience the best with least side effects is Abilify but I developed side effects like gambling, compulsive shopping and hypersexuality.
If you don’t get these side effects then Abilify is your best med. I am currently on Latuda.

1 Like

Been on zypexa for years, it helps a lot, it made me tired and really hungry, but now i have less of an effect, im on 20mg. Really hope this helps you.

I’ve been on it twice. The first time i went from 135lbs to 180 in less than a year. I lost all that weight when i weaned myself off of it. In 2017 i went on abilify and the weight gain wasn’t so bad. I went up to about 170 pounds which wasn’t a bad weight for me.

Last year i had a really bad psychosis and ended up switching back to zyprexa 20mg a day. I went from 170 to 240 pounds since september.

Now i’m being weaned off of it slowly and swtiched to latuda and i haven’t noticed any side effects from it. I take 10mg of zyprexa at night but i’m hoping to drop the dosage to half a pill at night soon. I’ll do that for a while and hopefully i don’t go into psychosis.

Zyprexa does help with psychosis but i still hear voices but i’m learning how to block them out as well as the intrusive thoughts. I have OCD and schizoaffective disorder.

How much latuda do you take per day? I’m on 40mg a day and haven’t noticed any bad side effects besides mild akathisia but i take artane for that and it works well.

I was on 80 and 120mg, akathisia with both but worse with 120mg. It also gave me bad nausea sometimes I vomit. I had psychosis with 60mg.

Now I am on 4mg Risperdal and its much better.
No akathisia, no nausea. My positive symptoms are better than 120mg Latuda. On Latuda I would get paranoid and hear mean voices/dreams while watching the news. Not on Risperdal. I read Risperdal is one of the strong antipsychotics after Clozapine.

I was on zyprexa and it gave me terrible dystonia and movement disorder. Don’t recommend it.