Zoning Out - Feeling a bit Spacey

I tend to Zone out or Space out, especially when I am outside of my comfort zone, or around people I dont know too well or feel comfortable wth.

I will get real quiet and feel Spacey.

I was told that it could be part of derealization or depersonalization / Anxiety.

Any one else get this way?

3 Likes

Yup.

15 characters.

1 Like

I had something weird happen this eve.
I went outside to my truck to go to McDonald’s and all of a sudden my brain just went haywire like fight or flight mode. Hair standing on end expecting something to jump out at me and my vision went all odd.
Then I drove around the corner and down to the next street and there was like 6 cop cars on the street. Probably coincidence though

I wondered if it was my brain warning me of danger or something.

Felt similar to some psychotic symptoms I’ve experienced before.

Then everything looked strange for the next 2 hours and felt like my body was not mine then had a random thought that i was an alien in my body. Strange thoughts. Seemed like derealisation

1 Like

Just some useful info

“Derealization or derealisation (sometimes abbreviated as DR) is an alteration in the perception or experience of the external world so that it seems unreal. Other symptoms include feeling as though one’s environment is lacking in spontaneity, emotional colouring and depth.”

1 Like

lay of the zanx ha ha. no I usto spacey all the time from my schizophrenia when in farlands so to speek, so I know how that feels I may have grow out of it mosty.

1 Like

Lol i could probably of used some zanax after that . All good now

1 Like

I do. I don’t always realize it happened. One thing that alarms me is when I see candid photos of gatherings, with everyone smiling right at the camera, and I’m oblivious, in my own world.

2 Likes

This used to happen all the time. Then with dbt and saphris it pretty much stopped. But lately it’s started again, probably the stress and bit of depression creeping in.

1 Like

That’s kind of how my psychosis started. This zoning out depersonalization/derealization thing. Losing time, then i started seeing and hearing things. I don’t know how long it had been going on but i know when i became aware and when it became a problem, interfering with my life.

1 Like

I do I’m a deep thinker. I listen what’s going on but then I think deep instead of talk about it. And zone out.

1 Like