Your dreams as a child

I thought I was going to be 7 feet tall. Go to college and be one of the best players. Then go pro with an overall goal of becoming a general manager for a sports team.

Usually only the best most smartest people could do this.

Stopped growing at age 13. Everyone caught up. Feel pretty short now. If I was really tall I still would have had bad grades.

My parents wanted me to follow my dreams. Honestly I have a hard time with school work. How far can I go if I don’t excel in school?

Fighter pilot or robotics engineer. My step father worked in automation.

2 Likes

To become an Olympic Sprinter or Gymnast, have a career as a Vet or Farmer, and to one day marry a Farmer. I achieved none of my childhood dreams.

3 Likes

I thought I would be dead by now.

2 Likes

As a child I didn’t really think about the future except that I seemed to think in my head I automatically have to have a baby when older and that made me horrified since I didn’t want to.

1 Like

As a child, I was feeling that I have a great destiny, according to a plan from God.

2 Likes

I never thought of the future much as a child, just thought of the day I could get out of the hell hole I lived in

3 Likes

I always dreamed about growing up and being able to protect myself- understanding that the law makes us all equal.

Then some rogue cop beat that idea right out of me- and then lied, lied, lied about everthing he did.

The big fat liar lied on his police report, to the judge’s face, and anyone that questioned him about it…and got away with it.

Now I know that even as a grown up,
I cannot protect myself from the intentional harm from others, esp. those who have power and control over others.

2 Likes

Starting in 8th grade, I wanted to make a famous discovery. At the same time, I always worried a nuclear war would break out, and I obsessed over what would happen. Then I thought of ways it couldn’t happen, and that let me in a dead end. It would give me a pit in my stomach. Always believed the days that were going to be the end of the world, and worried about tsunamis hitting the east coast.

1 Like

I wanted to be an engineer/inventor too. I imagined unrealistic/impossible inventions like guns that can create bullets out of thin air. Thinking back, maybe I was just stupid or had a vivid imagination. Maybe it’s possible in the future because they can pull water out of thin air.

I also imagined bullets that have poisons in them and could disintegrate after hitting the target, and possibly bullets that can move around corners.

I wanted to be a robotic engineer working on robots or in automation. There is big money in automation.

1 Like

We can solve global warming and the trash problem by using black holes I think…just put all the trash in a black hole lol and use rotating black holes to generate power. There are other applications too.

1 Like

I wanted to be a pharmacist … nearly got there too. I also wanted to be an artist or join the military as an officer like my brother. I don’t know what I want now.

2 Likes

I had dreams of making a million and also to be married by 28…that didn’t come through, im broke and still a virgin at 42…thanks to depression and schizophrenia

1 Like

You are an alright guy @karl. I’m sure your time will come.

3 Likes

im not bothtered by money marriage or sex now, not any more but now I just want to get control of my sz

2 Likes

You seem like you have improved dramatically over the past year.

2 Likes

im doing better the past 7 weeks thanks to 800mg quetiapine and clopixol

3 Likes

No voices @karl?

1 Like

I still hae voices…but they are not as intense…I do cbt too whichhelps and I attend a mental health club

3 Likes

How did you get in touch with a mental health club? I’d like to do that. You don’t have to share if you do not want to, kind of derailing this thread

2 Likes