Your best concert story

I understand. It’s past the edit time thingy should I just delete my posts?

1 Like

I’ll flag it so you can edit.

2 Likes

Wasn’t really a concert but if symphonies count then I can tell you I didn’t know the rules on dressing etiquette. Basically everyone was in suits and dresses while I was in my street clothes. I enjoyed the music but people looking at me funny. Can’t really blame them. I was just some redneck no doubt.

:grinning:

3 Likes

Darn the edit button isn’t appearing on my phone. I’ll just go ahead and delete them.

Hmm. Now it says you’ve performed this action too many times. I have to wait 23 hours to delete the others. Might you please be able to delete them for me to discourage drug use in the forums?

Pretty please… with a cherry on top :cherries:?

1 Like

I lost my shoe at a concert. I lost my shirt at another.

1 Like

Yeah, I will. Sorry. They’re cool stories.

1 Like

It was in my younger years. Reminded me of back when I felt normal. The music was probably the best part. I’ll be sure to avoid any reference to drug use which may seem encouraging from now on. You know you’re my awesome friend from the traveling pants of the sisterhood noodle or however it was called. Good memories. :blush:

2 Likes

Wow, got flagged for a couple acid trips that happened over 40 years ago!

I’m just jealous you got to see Led Zeppelin. I was a little too young and had to see them as Page and Plant in '95. (The one where they forgot to invite John Paul Jones.)

1 Like

Sorry, it’s just because I have to keep it recovery oriented when it comes to drugs. See my conversation with @schizophrenisaurus

2 Likes

I can tell you my most reprehensible concert story: Metallica, on the Justice for All tour, at the Philly Spectrum RIP…they decided to do floor SEATING, instead of the usual general admission. Naturally those pesky metalheads took no time to smash the folding chairs to bits, and REMOVE THE WOODEN SEAT PART, and start SPINNING THEM INTO THE CROWD like frisbees or something. Anybody who’s sat on a folding chair knows that the seat part is a hefty piece of plywood, so anybody who got hit with one got seriously messed up. Hooray for old-school Metallica fans.

1 Like

We weren’t going to go but a mate picked up some half price tickets off a radio station to see REM on their Green Tour.

I didn’t really know much of their music back then but we had the worst seats in the house. Upper left from stage right at the back in seating…there was a big floor and seating on lett and right…

Anyways. Was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen some rock gigs. Just amazing. At the end Michael Stipe started doing a Velvet Underground cover of After hours…Basically. One by one the band members left till it was Stipe by himself talking shite. It was amazing and so much fun.

Years later I saw them in a stadium show and they were good but a small show back in the day was so much cool!

3 Likes

I think his name was Gary Chapman but not sure. I think he was a music producer. Last I heard she was married to Vince Gill

1 Like

I went to a nkotb concert when I was like 12. At the time I thought it was great but looking back it was just ok

1 Like

I have seen Judas Priest twice.
One time when I was 15.
Another time when I was 22 maybe.
It was my favourite band.

2 Likes

I went to see Ozzy Osbourne with Zakk Wylde on the guitar back in 2002 (I think). I went with a friend and we ended up meeting some people who had a limo, so before the show we were hanging out in the limo drinking and smoking pot and having a good time. Then we went to the concert, it was awesome. Ozzy was great and Zakk is an amazing guitar player.

Another time, back in 1998 I went to see Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (Singer and guitarist from Led Zeppelin respectively). That was for my favourite concert only because Led Zeppelin is my favourite band, but they broke up in 1980 because their drummer died, I was born in 78 so the band was before my time. But I am glad I got to see, at least part of the band, play live. Jimmy Page played his guitar with the violin bow, it was pretty cool. I went with my buddy and then girlfriend, her sister, and her boyfriend.

2 Likes

i just remember going to a rave with a friend and at one point neophyte throws a guitar into the crowd and it lands right on top of my friend’s head… had to get stitches. Somebody else took the guitar also…

2 Likes

At least I had wore that coat for quite a while and it wasn’t that new.

1 Like

long time ago i went to a underground hip hop concert with chums living legends, in the front i like fainted and was trying to keep my balance and they thought i was break dancing i had to be helped by security to the side where i held on to the rail for a little til i was better
i was dehydrated
lolol

2 Likes

When I was 17 me and my friends knew this young couple who lived in the apartment below one of my friends. We used to buy pot from them. The girls name was Cathy.

When me and a friend drove up to see The Rolling Stones in 1980 at Oakland Coliseum the crowd was 60 thousand people. It was a large baseball stadium, about 50 miles away. We got in and sat in the bleachers for awhile then we started walking around. The walkways were filled with other people walking around. Me and my friend were walking and we saw this Cathy chick walking right by us. We had no idea she was at the concert. We both shouted, “Cathy! Hey Cathy”, but she didn’t hear us and kept walking and disappeared into the crowd.

It was quite a coincidence to see someone we knew in a crowd of 60,000 people. Then the concert went on and about an hour later we’re strolling along and we see her again! This time she saw us and we stopped to talk. It was weird and a little awkward because we were all high and we had never seen each other high before. So we were kind of trying to hide it but we all kept laughing. And actually, we later ran into someone else we knew in a completely different part of the stadium.

1 Like