Yakuza tattoos

not supporting the largest criminal organization in japan…whos numbers and influence standup to pretty much any of the other mafia groups the world has… also not going to bash them… mostly because I want to visit japan and getting a tat from a yakuza tattoo artist is now on the bucket list…

anyway… they do them the old way… even the ink is made the old way with the better yakuza tattoo artists… the doc I saw about it explained the process and details of how and why they get certain figures tatted on them… I found it most interesting that the reds used… contain 2 toxic substances rust and something even worse… so they can only get so much red done in a year or they run the risk of death… but its so vibrant the combo of old skool hand tapped technique and the toxic but beautiful ink leaves lasting and beautiful colors… and your kind of a badass if you can sit though a full body tat including the back of the knees done the old way with toxic ink…lol

I know the contrast between black and red makes the red pop…but these tattoos are 15 years old when the pic was taken…and still look so clean and bright… the missing slice down the middle of the mans chest and stomach is so he can wear a kimono with the front open and not show his ink… yes that a thing…

4 Likes

Pretty amazing, and I learned something. Thanks for the post

1 Like

I feel weird promoting anything yakuza… but if we don’t find common ground we will never bridge the gap… plus apparently they love ink and it may come in handy at some point to know what to discuss to keep them from robbing and beating the crap out me lol…

2 Likes

I hope you never have any troubles with the yakuza

1 Like

That is beautiful ink.

1 Like

how else am I gonna find one of these underground yakuza tattoo wizards… ive made friends with the monks of Buddha despite the language barrier… and some rather nefarious individuals despite being at odds with their way of life… when I was 15 I would ditch school to hang out at a monastery and leave there to go play pool at the local bar with the very scary boss of the local Russian mob “iceman”… I didn’t know it was a mob run place until I had become basically icemans student in the art of pool… to learn the various skills I have interest in you have to be willing to accept others despite the differences… but also to stand firm on not crossing certain lines… I can beat most people in pool with 1 hand in my pocket… and he never asked me to do anything other than talk with him like a person… and lots of wodka… but 15 year old me was not hard to convince to drink and talk ■■■■ while playing pool lol…

ahhh… memoir entry number 1000… of monks and murders- Flame Of The Rhine 2017…

“Of Monks And Murders” is def gonna be the title of my this was my life book ill probably never write…

2 Likes

I agree with being able to accept others despite the differences. It’s good to know all kinds of folks, and you never know when you might need the service of someone.

1 Like