Writing career, i can't believe it

I cancelled my appointment with the jobemployment centre. I told the guy i want write and don’t do any other work. He was really friendly and told me to go ahead. I am so happy.

5 Likes

I know there is no money in writing, but i enjoy it.

1 Like

Tell that to J.K. Rowling or Stephen King…billionaires.

3 Likes

I think I read an article about a freelance writer that makes about 300k a year.

1 Like

These are a minority. I would be dreaming make it that big. I got paper and pen, a little brain. I don’t even know if i want publish, to get a dime. I want to write short stories, i tried to write a book, but what i want to say fits on one page. Something in between Roald Dahl and the brothers grimm. New age fairy tales.

1 Like

My target audience are people who don’t like reading a lot. So i keep it short and come straight to the point.

1 Like

lol!

That’s like saying I’m going to open a meat deli for Vegetarians only! :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, its not easy. I think i will make pirate copies and do freebies (give aways).

2 Likes

I done a little booklet of philosophical, motivational memes, it was a success.

4 Likes

The copy centre closed, close by, i need to do a two hours trip to the next one. Anyways, i will get my mind around what i want to say. Its about mental health, i know that much.

2 Likes

How does one pirate their own work? You own the copyright so it’s not pirating.

I did okay for some years as a technical writer, but that market declined.

2 Likes

You don’t put your name it. Anonymous

1 Like

This is actually a really good idea to an artist/writer who is starting. If you work is good its essentially a free trail of your work and will circulate your name faster. Hopefully when you publish more you’ll have bigger impact.

1 Like

I would start out autobiographical. I would also start by writing letters. I’m writing a snail mail letter to my cousin tonight or tomorrow. Anyone can write a letter, you write trivial. I rewrite to make it more interesting. Sometimes I like my letters and don’t want to lose them having put so much time into them so I copy it at the library.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.