I keep writing, but not to get published anymore

I once, a long time ago, made a living out of writing crime novels, as some of you know.

Then I stopped writing because my new novels were rejected, but now I have picked up writing again, just for the pure joy of the process, and I don’t care if my new novel gets rejected by the publisher.

I enjoy the process and that’s enough for me. I guess it has become a hobby, not a job anymore.

11 Likes

Sounds like it’s therapeutic for you.

2 Likes

Yes and Im not writing about myself, feelings and poetry and such stuff. Im writing a crime novel, but just for the fun of it.

4 Likes

That sounds great. That’s a good attitude.

2 Likes

That’s wonderful that you could make a living out of it at one time! The vast, vast, vast majority can’t do that. Ever. You are very special @bluebutterfly.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that. It’s a great hobby to have.

2 Likes

I self published my book after being rejected to find an agent or publisher…gave up, so I self published and I have very small book sales but the book is “out there” and if it’s crime novels I’m sure it would sell if you did that…thing is, there’s a lot of scams with self publishing…my company is legit…I published in 05 and the book is still available upone demand. iuniverse.

2 Likes

Yeah, thanks, i guess it’s kind of the same attitude you have. Your poems often makes me think.

1 Like

I do some writing, but I have never been published in a substantial magazine. I have gotten stories into an anthology contest held by a small town library, so I guess I can say I am a published writer, just not a substantive one. I’ve also gotten poems into those poetry contests for prize money. I didn’t make any money from them. It’s not just the writing that is hard for me. Getting the correct format to submit my work is daunting too. I’m hopeless at stuff like that.

1 Like

This is how I feel about photography now. I enjoy doing it more now that it is no longer me having to produce a commodity.

1 Like

Sounds good @bluebutterfly

2 Likes

Is there anyway we can check your books out?

2 Likes

I’m in the early stages of writing an novel. Its not something I think I’m going to do regularly unless I begin to enjoy the process more. I’ve written 1.6k words, I’m waiting on my doctor…Im trying a restless leg syndrome medicine to see if that may be potentially why I can’t sit in my chair properly.

If I sit with my legs like a normal posture, I get very very fidgety.

I want to write to contribute to fantasy/scifi as someone whom really enjoyed the escapism to try and get away from my problems.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not going to share my poems on this forum again. I will be happy to read other poeple’s work, but it seems like my beliefs or ideas are not seen or appreciated.

1 Like

Unfortunately they are written in danish and not translated, but thanks for asking. My first novel was called “Drivjagt” in danish

1 Like

Sorry to hear, but this is a very special community. Your poems might be appreciated other places .

1 Like

Thanks @SkinnyMe , yes i should appreciate it more and yes @jukebox i might self publish, you seem to have had some kind of sale after what i have read on your posts? but Denmark is a very small market. Thanks @CoCo , its a very good hobby. Well done @crimby - i started my literary quareer writing for small poetry magazines where theres was no money at all. Good luck with your writing @Ryanana

3 Likes

i want to write about the memories i have.

1 Like

If you silence opposition it gives you a competitive edge thats for certain.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.