Would you rather be extremely talented

And only a few people know about your talent or just moderately talented and everyone knows about your talent?

1 Like

Probably moderately talented and a lot of people knew. If I was extremely talented, it would be a waste to not use it. Of course I’d rather be extremely talented.

1 Like

Good point. Yes, I think I’d rather have lots of people know too.

Extremely talented then I could make things for myself

1 Like

I used to be seen as talented in my old job, but then all the people who respected the work I did left, and my reporting lines changed to a guy who couldn’t give a ■■■■ about me

1 Like

I’d rather be extremely talented and have a few people know about it.

1 Like

I don’t need affirmation from other people to feel good about myself. I like being good at what I do and I work hard at being good at what I do. Having an audience is irrelevant as I am my own audience.

1 Like

As long as I am paid well I don’t care about other people.

2 Likes

I would rather have multiple moderate skills and talents and have many eggs in the busket.

1 Like

Extremely talented and not well-known. Id like to just be able to do something well.

Hm. Or actually it depends on the talent. If it was a skill that many people could benefit from. Then having many benefit from some talent, would be better than having great talent and nobody to benefit from it. If that makes sense.

1 Like

Makes sense. I see both of your points.

1 Like

In my field, piano, I’d rather be extremely talented and everybody knows about it. The other options are unacceptable but more likely.

1 Like

The first one, I think.

Why do a lot of people need to know, anyway? With extreme talent and few people knowing about it, I should be able to care for many of the needs of myself and my loved ones.

I think the pleasure of being famous is an instinct that was meant for smaller groups than the current 7 billion.

A good reputation is useful, though. :thinking:

1 Like

I agree. I’m in the piano field too.

I am very talented…I wouldn’t say extremely talented or I would make a living at it…I paint, sculpture and play instruments.

2 Likes

I’d prefer extremely talented and only a few knowing. I don’t like fame

1 Like

There was a guy who was homeless who had a talent with his voice as a radio announcer. When that was discovered people gave him a job and a lot of money. But his drug and mental problems crept back in and he blew all his money and became homeless again. Sometimes it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

There are a lot of extremely talented writers who don’t get much recognition beyond the readership of a few small literary magazines and from equally talented and obscure writers. The French Impressionist painters mostly got very little money from their work, with the exception, I believe, of Monet. Vincent Van Gogh only sold one painting during his lifetime. Of course, they became very famous after they were dead, but they weren’t around to appreciate it. A lot of people who have done extraordinary things have received little recognition for it. I think I would rather be extremely talented, because I would know how talented I was.

1 Like

If you take it to the extreme though, and would imagine someone who is extremely talented but who is principally unable to be recognized as such. Would we be right to speak of talent here?

1 Like

I don’t know. It’s up to the individual.