I hate special talents

I hate special talents.
I think that talents, like playing football basketball , tennis table tennis chess checkers etc,
playing an instrument riding a bike cooking,learning languages, mathematics physics etc,
all these things should be EQUALLY AVAILABE TO ALL OF MANKIND.
AND NOT BE THE REFUGE OF A SELECT FEW.
EITHER WE ALL HAVE THESE TALENTS OR NOBODY HAS THEM!

The reason people have special talents is because everyone is meant to contribute to the world in a different way. If we were all the same, the world wouldn’t work.

9 Likes

Shorter post:

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!”

Seriously d00d, cowboy up.

5 Likes

Some people are blessed with talent, others achieve the same things through hard work and practice. You can do anything if you put your mind to it with work and determination.

2 Likes

@Turquoise I disagree.
There are huge gaps between people, these gaps have to be closed.
I think that everyone should be able to do everything, from being an awesome player in all kinds of sports,
an awesome coach in all kinds of sports,
cook at level of superb chef, ride a bike, superb athletic performance, superb in mind games,
superb at studying languages, superb musician superb cognition superb everything!
We should all have the option to be all of these at once,
and if you tell me that just with effort you can do all this you’re a liar!

I’m not a liar. If you want to be able to do something, i.e. play an instrument, a sport, cook etc, you can achieve any of these things through practice. The world would be a boring place if everyone was good at the same things, that’s what makes people unique, I’d rather live in a world of variety than everyone be the same.

2 Likes

Well then let those who want be superb, you can stay an average Joe.

I was born with a congenital heart defect known as “transposition of the great vessels with complications”. I also have a complete heart block and need a pacemaker (currently on fourth one). I can’t run. I can’t do anything more than a fast trot when walking. I’ve NEVER been able to do this and I’ve been literally SCREAMED at by multiple docs over the years for trying. That’s just my life. Maybe not fair, but it is what it is.

So I’ve found other things I can do instead, and I do them pretty well.

3 Likes

Nature is unequal by nature. Equality is utopia. Utopias are homicide : nazism and communism by example.

@y76 yes I agree, but I hope that in the future humanity will move past nature.
We are step by step moving closer to utopia.

@shutterbug I think that you are relatively lucky(at least so it appears for the onlooker).
You hold a fairly demanding full time job.
You found a good niche.There are people who are much worse than you.
And still, wouldn’t you like to fit my description?
Wouldn’t it be awesome?
I want to make the world a better place for all.

That will only happen if each individual steps up and does the best they can in their small corner of the world.

Oh, and? Whining like a baby online constantly doesn’t fix a thing.

Man up. Step up.

1 Like

I like the quote “The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible”.

Thanks mjseu.

I always believed and I still believe that everybody has a special talent. If you think you don’t have one, it’s because you have not discovered it yet.

Even if I have special talents IF HEALTHY, I believe that any person should control his own parameters and CHOOSE
which talents to have.
In my case my ill health( spec schizophrenia) has destroyed any talents I may have had.
@anubis

Talents all come down to genes. When someone is talented at something it means they have a aptitude for it. Hard work for the average person will only get you so far. To be the best in the world you need to be born for it and then work your ass off and with some luck there you go. If it’s not in your genes the best you can hope for is your best not the best.

That world your looking for where everybody is the same is a world of robots, not people.
Besides, if everybody were great at everything, we wouldn’t need anybody besides ourselves, and if we were all good at nothing, who would do the work we couldn’t?

1 Like

I prefer a world of robots to a world of people.
It is excellent if we don’t need anybody beside ourselves!
It is called independence and it’s awesome!

Are you independent and awesome?

When I was a little kid I could play the piano “by ear”. No one taught me that, I was born with that ability (which I lost as I got older) I could also draw better than my peers all through school. No one taught me that, I was born with that ability. And then I learned techniques etc when I got older.
But, I’m terrible at math. Numbers just don’t make sense to me at all, no matter how hard I try.
People admire me for my artistic talent. I admire people who are good at math. I admire a lot of people for what they can do and who they are…
If everyone could just do everything then there would be nothing special about anyone. That would affect self-esteem, feelings of purpose, and take away the good kind of pride that people can feel. I don’t like that idea, @Erez_Shmerling.

4 Likes