Would you feel disappointed to discover that you've been living in a simulation?

Or would you find ways of making your peace with it?

I Dunno…, I Wish?.., There is… :pensive:

Sigur Ros~ ‘Agaetis Byrjun’. (1999/Album).

I think I would learn how to be “chill” with it, because when I was psychotic I ended up ignoring it and going with the flow. Kind of a “The Dude” actitude from The Big Lebowski", for things you cannot control.

I’d want to find the way out to see if I could have a better personality and have no trouble remembering, and working

I believe that we live in a Matrix

I’m trying to reach that point myself.

1 Like

It seems like more real couples argue a lot. But that gets hard to take, too.

I know it is. My Sikh religion refer to this life as “maya”, or “illusion”, and I had some weird psychotic episodes where some people seemed very AI-like. The feel is minimal now but I still get tells here and there.

Solipsism is an issue for me, so I would be very disappointed. I can’t think of much that would be worse than that for me.

So when they “unplug” you from the simulation and introduce you to “reality” , how do you know you’re not just in another simulation? You can keep saying this for every “reality” you’re introduced to.

It’s a dead end theory.

4 Likes

You basically keep moving through realities until you can’t see the edges anymore.

This might take an eternity.

Until you reach the simulation without edges :ghost:

And so on and so on.

It’s a dead end theory.

1 Like

you mean like the matrix? if it was a simulation do you mean like a digital simulation like a computer programme or a living simulation like something that is all part of a grand design?

Not really. Once you hit that point, it is sufficiently complex to suit your fancy. Eventually you will outgrow that even, and have to ascend somewhere even more complex.

It isn’t a dead end theory, like exactly the opposite.

1 Like

Well to each their own I guess.

actually the simulation theory is basically a different way of looking at ‘do we have a creator?’

someone/something had to create the simulation.
so in ancient times, people technically thought they were living in a sim too as they thought god or gods created everything.

theres many articles on, ‘if the universe is a simulation can we hack it?’ articles

the never ending ponderings.

I prefer to just live and let live.

2 Likes

I wonder how many people would think this stuff if they didn’t see it in the movie…before it’s release I’d imagine it was other delusions that were prevalent. I know. I was one of them.

1 Like

Totally agree with that

1 Like

It would make me happy. I like the idea.

Any form of simulation, from the metaphysical (as expressed by naturallycured) to computer, or alien created simulation.