Would this be an okay message?

My friend really wants to see me tonight, mostly because he thinks he’ll be bored alone.

I’m feeling pretty worn out and my mind is in bad shape, but he doesn’t seem to take no for an answer. I could wait until he calls and asks me to hang, but I don’t want to talk to him over the phone as he can be pretty convincing.

Would this be an okay text to send to him?

Hey. I don’t think we should see each other tonight, I’m not doing too well and I really need some rest. Besides, we both have to get up early tomorrow and I need to get as much sleep as I can. I’d be happy to hang with you tomorrow, though.

Any thoughts?

12 Likes

Sounds good to me

2 Likes

Totally reasonable message.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys.
I sent him the text, and he just responded that I should take myself to the doctor tomorrow, as I feared.
We’d agreed to meet after the doctor visit, so I responded and asked him if he still wants me to come by tomorrow. Now he’s not responding.

Argh, I hate it when people take it personal that I won’t hang out with them!
When is he going to learn not everyone has a constant need for social interactions?

1 Like

He seems like a spoiled brat to be honest

5 Likes

I think it’s really good, assertive, kind and not aggressive.

3 Likes

@Mountainman is right. He’s acting like an entitled child

It’s a good message. If this guy is a true friend he’ll understand.

2 Likes

Just remember that real friends act like friends always, not only when you do what they want you to do.

1 Like

You post about how this guy treats you like trash…why do you put up with it?

3 Likes

Sounds ok to me

Sounds good.15151515

Because he’s my friend and I deeply care for him. I know he has issues he’s working on, and that I can’t expect them to be fixed in a day

You’re being to nice. Nobody should care so much about ppl

1 Like

Sorry, that sir,

Is not an O.K. (computer) Message (!!!).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.