Would big money change you?

well how would big money change you if so?

1 Like

I would be more free to wear the clothes I like and eat the food I like. I feel like money would change me in that sense. It would be nice to not have to worry about money all the time.

4 Likes

big money would give me , more options to choose from, bring it on yaawhooo

1 Like

I would live about the same, except I would have 2 homes, to escape winter 4 months out of the year.

big money would be nice though. i’d probably take a trip every 3 or 4 months, to break up my routine and make me feel alive. other than that, things would be no different.

1 Like

Money would only change me in the way that I would probably be even more philanthropic than I already am.

1 Like

Yeah I’d quit and travel :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, I would feel lucky like in my younger years where i had a job and lived a life in dignity. These days i beg money for cigarettes. A packet of instant noodles cost 50 cent. One cigarette $1.50. I think the international market price is $8 For 50 gramm of tabbaco. Yes when i would have big money i would leave Australia with my friends where life is enjoyable and free like Sierra Leone.

1 Like

I would quit working, travel a LOT, and volunteer a lot. I’d also have a staff, cook, assistant, trainer, etc. I am not sure I’d own a house though. Maybe a condo but I would want to be on the move so much.

I don’t think it would change who I am though. I hope I’d stay nice and respectful to people.

1 Like

I would pay off my parents mortgages and buy a trailer home in the mountains and get a nice car — I’d get married and start a family :smirk:

1 Like

It’s make sure my kids were set and all our Bill’s were paid off. Pay off this mortgage, but stay here until kids finished school and we know for sure they are set for their jobs and housing, sell this place, and find a newer 2 bedroom house, probably still in this city honestly cause Milwaukee sucked to live in, and Madison is expensive. But John wouldn’t quit working until he hits retirement ability for DOC so he’s got 25 or less years, I forget now what it is. We’d basically bank a bunch of it and still live off his checks, but without a mortgage and car payments, that’d open up a lot.

But we decided on the same plan if we were to ever win the lotto one of the big times. I’m sure though, his damned Gundam model collection would grow cause he was eyeing on with metal frame and ■■■■, over $2500 I’ve told him no for 20 years now, guess that would be a yes at that point.

1 Like

After some introspection, I would say “no”. I’m already irresponsible with money, so giving me a big ol’ lump sum would only exaggerate that. I’d lose it in a year.

I won’t respect money until I work for it.

Also, my “best life” is a matter of routine, doing things I find gratifying that are also useful to others. Money won’t change that.

1 Like

I could retire and become a full time hermit

2 Likes

Yes, I’m sure it would. I grew up one way and have learned to live another now. I essentially get what I want, within reason, whereas when I was young, I didn’t even always get quarters to get my clothes washed. So yeah, more money would change me.

1 Like

I don’t think it would change me, but my butlers and maids may disagree. Hold on: “Alejandro, I said the white Ferrari, not the blue Rolls Royce. It’s Wednesday, after all. And don’t forget to genuflect!”

3 Likes

i don’t think it would really change who i am. sure i’d buy a new car but as for the rest i don’t know. i’m not into fancy things or big houses and i have enough clothes. i’d buy myself a unit and give the rest away to family

1 Like

With big money I’d have a 2 story house like the one I live in, but in a quiet neighborhood. A maid cleans my mess and a chef feeds me sushi. A 2nd house rented out provides around $2k per month. My parents will live in a nearby 3rd house with their own staff. If there’s yet more money a private security team would patrol outside. Finally, dogs and cats will be my pals. More $$$ will make me more needy but happier.

1 Like

If I had it in my 20’s it would have changed me considerably as ironically I would have been able to work at the time (I was physically able back then and the meds helped me become mentally able but SSI had a rule that I couldn’t if I wanted to stay on the program. Therefore if the meds weren’t paid for I would have become mentally incompetent for employment. As a result I did volunteer work. I could have told the government to KMA, and looked into getting married as well. But at 50 I don’t have my health any more. So the options would be more limited. I may go to a gym, and I would definitely live in another part of town, and work very hard on trying to restore my health if possible. I’d take a sleep study, deal with my weight if possible, pay for my eye care, have my lungs checked out for cancer, and have access to my own toilet for a colonscopy rather than compete with 6 other people, or beg my family for one. I’d also control my diabetic condition the best I could.

1 Like

How did I know this was a Pedro thread?

2 Likes

I would give money to my family, and buy my own place, few fashion pieces every season, a Porsche, and volunteer and not work. I might also travel.

1 Like

I like the size it is now.

2 Likes