Work interview

Hi, I don’t know why I’m heading here but tomorrow I have a work interview over phone and tbh the last three times I failed to land a job. I don’t know if there might be any advice to enhance my cognitive and be effective during the phone call. I’m desperate for the job and it’s a golden opportunity I think I will not have another one for long. If you have read this so far please drop me a line from your previous experience that can help. Thank you and again it’s good to be here.

You have an entire information highway at your finger tips. Read up on interviews. Do slip it in though that the works more important than the money to you, as a great selling point. If it’s the interview you’re struggling with. Maybe before or after get a friend, family member, Tdoc, social worker who ever to do some role playing with you. To gain some experience and confidence and maybe some pointers. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Have this song playing in the background during the phone interview

To be helpful I think we have friends out there who know that we’re a bit daft so if we can learn to live meek we tend to get by without too much of a cash flow.

1 Like

Have a positive attitude
Take deep breaths
Don’t interrupt the interviewer
Listen carefully
Treat it as a great opportunity
Best of luck
Let us know how you get on

3 Likes

I guess this is a little different, but… As a freelance web developer, you can say I’ve been hired a couple hundred times… for small one time jobs. In every case one rule always applied: could I do the job well, and did the employer know that. If they knew that, I was hired, on the spot, nearly every time.

1 Like

Good luck - try to relax, take deeper breaths - sound confident but not aggressive and be yourself!

2 Likes

good luck…you’ll do great.
take care

1 Like

Rehearse. Think of questions that your interviewer will be likely to ask (there are lists on the internet of questions that interviewers like to ask) and have a friend ask you those questions and respond to them like you would if the interviewer was asking you. That’s what one of my therapists taught me to do.

1 Like

Prepare a list of questions you want to ask. Write them down so you don’t forget them. Make sure you ask them. If they don’t invite you to ask some questions and seem to be ending the interview, say, “Would you mind if I ask a few questions?” Then do so. If they realize you have written them down, so much the better. They understand that you are interested in their company and the job and in your own ability to do it and that you are looking for opportunities. And that you prepare yourself for tasks. It works.

1 Like

Employers are impressed if you commit yourself to work for free for a few days to show them what you can do. Research the business and come up with a couple of ideas of how they can improve sales or production.

1 Like

Like most people said, be prepared. Scan some of the websites that list ‘interview questions’ and figure out how you would answer.You will come across much more favorably if you are a prepared on what to answer. You can’t prepare for every surprise but you can sure prepare a little and come off as confident. The tricks I use every time is saying I will work any hours or any shift. I also say that I can start immediately if they want me to. A big help that is new to me in interviews is finding out a little background of the company you are applying for. You want to have knowledge of the job you are applying for. This makes you look good. As opposed to being ignorant of the company. Be eager, show a little enthusiasm but not to much. Just sound interested. If you don’t know something about the actual job tell him you are eager to learn. I do pretty good in interviews and these are some of the things that I use. But I warn you, you can fill your head with a million things to say. You may be able to handle it, it could be too much information. Just get a raw, basic idea of how you want to handle the interview.

2 Likes

A lot of good advise has already been said. I will add to not feel pressured or rushed in your responses. Take the time you need.

2 Likes

make sure you sound happy and positive… sending best wishes vibes !!

1 Like

That’s the most important.

I admire the fact that you keep trying! Dont put too much pressure on yourself. This is not your last interview..if this doesnt pan out, there will be other ones.
You can do it–GOOD LUCK!!!

1 Like