Wont get to enjoy the new stimulus check. going to buy christmas gifts and give money away

usually i invest the free money the gov’t gives to me, but i decided to go ahead and do my christmas shopping and pay bills, plus i have a niece graduating high school this summer, and another graduating from college. so it will be $600 on christmas gifts, $200 each to each of my niecies, $200 on a bill from the community mental health center for late co-pays, and then i will only have $200 for some nice groceries. but it’s better than pinching my pennies all year, to buy christmas gifts in november or december, so i won’t have to worry about that at least.

5 Likes

I don’t want to get too political,

but they’re still working out the rough edges of that new relief package.
I’ll believe it when I see it.

1 Like

My kids, ex husband, and I decided for Christmas we are going to pull names and just buy one $50 gift for the one person plus I’ll do small stockings. That way I’m only spending $200 for Christmas instead of the money that left me penniless for months after. Everyone was very happy about that! We couldn’t celebrate last Christmas due to covid so we are hoping for a summer Christmas get together. Here’s hoping!!

1 Like

Love Christmas shopping but more towards the holiday.

1 Like

If it were me I would negotiate with my family to spend less for Christmas. Thats a lot of money for Xmas presents.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.