Without Treatment

What to do If I’m schizophrenic and can neither afford a doctor nor medications?

1 Like

Get on something like Medicaid or something similar? And find a doctor who accepts the insurance and a pharmacy as well


My doctor told me of a free Drs office in town for those in need, maybe you have something near you


Some doctors work on a sliding scale. Some pharmaceutical companies will sell medication directly for a reduced price to people who don’t have a lot of money. Call Social Security and see what kind of monetary or medical benefits you are eligible for.

The national # here in the U.S. is 1-800-772-1213


Sliding scale doctor’s and patient assistance programs for meds.


Don’t know about what your area offers, but all of my treatment before I started getting disability was paid for by either the county (Orange County) or the state (CA). As I recall, there was an on-site pharmacy for my meds, at the OCMH clinic.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.