Schizophrenia.com

Will I end up in jail?

Police finally interrogated me about a threat I made in November towards my doctor (I regret doing it obviously)

The police said it could go to court… I’m scared af.

1 Like

What threat did you make towards your doctor?

I threatened to kill her

You’re going to have to deal with the consequences of that.

3 Likes

yeah ofc but what will the consequences be

You’re 15 or 16? You could go to juvenile hall. If you’re that young they probably wouldn’t put you in jail with adults. They might do neither.

1 Like

I’m 16. Idk if that exists in Finland

I hope that you learn from your mistakes, but I also hope that you get away with a warning.

3 Likes

Yeah, we don’t know your laws there. If it was the United States it would probably be juvenile hall or we have different alternative programs. Like my friend was put in a place called “The Ranch”. An alternative to juvenile hall where they put youthful offenders in a rural setting instead of locking them up. You might just get something like probation. They might let you go free with a stiff warning or make you do community service or something. Or there’s also halfway houses here where they put you in a home for awhile with other offenders and you all live together, kind of like house arrest.

2 Likes

i hope they wont put me in s forensic ward since the doctor threatened me with it

Well, if you don’t cause any problems and don’t threaten anyone else maybe they’ll take your good behavior into consideration and be more lenient on you.

2 Likes

If that threat was the only criminal thing you’ve ever done they might take that into consideration and be more lenient too.

2 Likes

You can only legally threaten to kill someone on an Ice Hockey surface.

Of course I’m half joking. But I don’t know how many times I heard “I’M GONNA KILL YOU!!!” playing hockey in Canada! lol!

1 Like

So will I end up in jail or not

If that’s your first offense they might go easy on you. Might.

1 Like

I don’t know Finland laws or how aggressively your Doctor wants to pursue this.

You’ll probably just get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.

At any rate, just play the ‘I was psychotic’ card and I doubt the authorities can do much after that.

2 Likes

I wasn’t psychotic to my knowledge though

Yeah, sometimes doctors use threats to make people behave and scare them. He may be serious or just trying to make you behave.

1 Like

I think you were psychotic. You also threatened to kill your Mom too, didn’t you? Isn’t that why she brought you to the Hospital in the first place?

3 Likes

yes i threatened her too but she didnt report it