Why do i feel like such a loser/failure?

Feeling really down about myself, what is wrong with me, i am praying i will start to feel better about myself but it is such a horrible undercurrent of a feeling. I’ve been listening to UCB1 Radio and its been cheering me up a bit.

4 Likes

Everyone , even normies, can feel like a failure because nobody can have everything. And life grinds you down.

Focus on what you’ve got, instead of what you don’t have. That’s what I try to do.

1 Like

its very strange everhopeful idk why i feel like this, i am trying to look past it, shrug it off but its a very strong feeling,

2 Likes

hey @Resilient1 feel better bro … maybe take a day to revamp man

1 Like

I feel worse on empty days, I’m at my best when i have something to do :frowning: maybe after a sleep I’ll feel better, I’m pretty down atm.

1 Like

Have some faith that eveything will be ok. With schizophrenia its a lifelong learning process. Difficultys come in waves. The skill is learning what made you ill. Normally when your feeling crap - its an issue on your mind.

1 Like

I am an optimist but at the moment pessimism is kicking my ass,
i feel like a lot of things are against me right now, hell i am against me right now :confused:

1 Like

Us lot are notorious for over thinking - cos frankly we are too intelligent.

Try to calm your brain down. Normies would not understand - cos frankly the ones i have
met are think as shite.

No one is againest you. Its your anxiety fueling your emotions.

1 Like

I feel like a loser and a failure too. I haven’t accomplished much so far in my life. I don’t think I can accomplish too much else really.

its a horrible feeling isnt it, idk what too say really, i tried writing something down but it was nothing, seemed like empty words, i’m going to try listening to some uplifting music again or try sleep it off

2 Likes

It’s very important to keep the mind busy. If it is at rest, it will tend to go in one of these directions: up down (vertical), left right (horizontal). I’m an addict, so I’m constantly seeking the vertical in the :arrow_heading_up: direction. of recent, I’m happy to report, I’ve been seeking the :arrow_left: :arrow_right: directions. If I’m feeling :arrow_down:, I try to get to get to horizontal or vertical with interests and hobbies. Exercise, eat something, have a cig, watch a movie, listen to music, talk to someone, go bowling, all excellent ways to get out of a funk. remember to shun the funk, as the tagline implies.

1 Like

I kind of try and stay on the same level but you are right i do get down times, left and right :arrow_left: :arrow_right: for me would probably be increased or decreased productivity and the less i do i tend to get a bit down :arrow_lower_left:,

I totally agree to shun the funk, or at least try and get through it try and see through the darkness and search for the light in the situation. sometimes it’s just so hard to look for that light and our thoughts get filled with darkness :frowning:

I guess that’s why I became a Christian was to bring a bit of light in to my situation but even with that it is not fool proof, darkness can still envelope me sometimes.

1 Like

I hope you feel better soon. What activities do you enjoy normally?

1 Like

Hey @CoCo I like getting coffee and chatting with some friends whom also have certain mental issues,

going to my clubhouse and doing things for them but i got bummed out there recently.

I like making radio shows but i’m a bit bummed out by it atm bc things are a bit screwy, i am doing some extra training tomorrow with a friend, idk why its bummed me out but i do need more training.

What happened at the clubhouse?

Do you still have your arms? How about your legs?
Still can walk?

I think if you practice appreciation of basic things you’ll feel better about yourself and your world

1 Like

nothing really zannah, i’m not sure why i felt bad about it

@LevelJ1 yea when i feel bummed out its hard to appreciate the good things in life, just got to try and get through the dark time then i can appreciate things more but generally i have a had time appreciating things anyway, i have been working on it, meds can make me a bit dull to that sort of thing as well.

1 Like

I think you should make yourself go to the clubhouse. It’ll keep you busy and give you a chance to talk to others

1 Like

hey zannah, good advice, maybe yuou should be peer support as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awe. Thanks @Resilient1

1 Like