Why did you choose your username?

Why did you choose the username you did?

I thought about mine before choosing it and decided Headspark because the first psych med I ever tried was Paxil, and when I quit it the withdrawals included feelings of electricity shooting through my brain, and it was intense. Since this is a mental health forum and that was my first experience with a psych med I thought what the hell, sounds like a good enough username.

8 Likes

Lofi and funk are both types of music I like.

10 Likes

I tried to join this forum previously, when it was running the old software and tried to join with the username “MrSchizophrenia”. But it was buggy and I couldn’t sign up.

I tried again much later on , and was in a better place. I was getting into trying supplements and was pretty hopeful about recovery.

But “everhopeful” in general sums me up for sure.

9 Likes

My first name was:

@scottb

But my mother found my username on a thread I made after a pdoc appointment, so the mods kindly changed it to:

@FadeToBlack

I then didn’t want it, and I thought what better name than Joker! Not the recent film version, but the Heath Ledger performance was just amazing. Not saying I am that nuts, but sometimes it’s touch and go

The avatar I also liked, and it inspired me to choose this name more than anything - as I liked the art work

7 Likes

Well first it was ElfVikingWarriorPrincess cause that’s what my husband jokingly calls me sometimes…

Then I thought “that’s too long of a name” and human popped into my head.

7 Likes

When I was paranoid my landlord and brother-in-law were reading my posts last Fall, I changed to Blue65. Blue because I’m a boy and 65 the year I started elementary school. It’s easier for me to remember that way.

7 Likes

My name makes no sense just like me in real life.

:grinning:

11 Likes

well my first username was yaz1, which is my altar ego haha, then i changed it to, boogaloo, it was just something clever that popped into my head, but then i changed it when the ‘boogaloo boys’ were in the news, it was just a coincendence the name, i wanted to change it to “lifer” after watching the movie ‘green fingers’ about a low risk group of criminals who have a community garden where they are institutionalized, there is a line in the movie where one of the convicts says, “you part timers are always ruining things for us lifers” and that gave me the idea for my new username.

8 Likes

Chose username because I read a book a long time ago about sz with that title, the book probably has no insights into the mental illness.

6 Likes

The Yin (阴) and the Yang (阳) are derived from the Chinese philosophical concept of Daoism (道).

Seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another.

11 Likes

My manias and depressive episodes come in quick and strong like a wave.
That’s how I came up with my name.

9 Likes

Because they wouldn’t let me have JohnHolmes or LongDongSilver.

5 Likes

Mine was a nickname a friend called me sometimes some 20 odd years ago. Random memory.

6 Likes

Because I collect metal dinosaurs and would love a golden t-rex.

12 Likes

My nickname as a young child was Skinny weenie. My dad called me that. Just him. SkinnyMe was close enough.

6 Likes

I’ll give a few options

• @JaBrown was taken :frowning:
  • I like tupac
  • I am Tupac
  • What’s a Tupac?
  • All of the above

0 voters

6 Likes

Hmm. . .

I Decided To Change My Name From ‘sleepoptimistic’, To The One You See Now.

Because Of Two Reasons.

I Wanted To Tie In The Words, Sleep & Optimistic. Merge Them If You Will.

And I Wanted To Give A Spiritual Thanks To The Band, ‘Arcade Fire’.

For Their Album, ‘Funeral’, Which Was Released On September 14, 2004.

Almost During The Beginning Of My First Diagnosis.

It’s Been A Long & Weary Travel.

But!, There Is Always Light At The End Of The Tunnel.

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :roll_eyes: :sleeping: :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

My favorite band is deftones… they have a song called black moon…

8 Likes

chordy is a sound that reaches my right brain. I suppose it’s also musical.

8 Likes

Mines pretty simple, I chose “The Canuk” because im Canadian.

9 Likes