Why can’t I just go off meds

I’d do better without them

If you go to prison you might not need them but then you might need a padded cell and a straight jacket.

Meds are more humane.

3 Likes

Cotton we’re pro medicine around here. I think you’re only talking coherently because you haven’t had more severe brain damage from psychosis. You’ve had symptoms since your first bout of psychosis so odds are you are schizophrenic. Not all types are the same, its more a cluster of symptoms but what you need to be focused on isn’t getting off the medications, but finding one you tolerate well or really well. I take my medications and feel completely normal.

Worry about your dose argue for as light a dose as is effective in treating you, and if you have symptoms be quick to get an adjusted dose or to change medicines.

I took 2 years to find latuda and latuda treats me well enough and I feel like a normal person. My imagination is a little duller which is lame but even though I was trying to become an artist, its not so bad that I feel like my life is in ruins. I’ve gotten back into art and I’ve done stuff creatively, and it just took a bit more effort to get there.

2 Likes

The last time I was unmedicated, I threatened to burn my mom’s house down and vandalized her car. She got an Order of Protection from a Judge, and the County Deputies (police) came and put me out of her house, and I was homeless. The Judge found I had committed domestic violence. I was then court ordered into the psychiatric hospital. Believe me, you don’t want to be homeless.

3 Likes

Take your meds. You’re not special.

1 Like

You really need to stop acting like this. You need meds. Period. Get over it and take your meds.

1 Like

I’m not special that’s true but taking my medd should be voluntary

The meds are actively harming my brain…

Well that’s because I’m not psychotic

What happened to Clozapine, weren’t they going to prescribe it for you?

They were but my mom didn’t want me try it yet so they just make me take the Abilify shot every 3 weeks as usual

1 Like

They’re protecting your brain from the damage psychosis does to the brain actually

2 Likes