Who's still taking clozapine?

Are you experiencing side effects yet? I took it for a week. It did not like me . But I hope it’s working for y’all.

1 Like

I take it. It’s ok. Gained too much weight. Drool at night. Some incontinence. Wish something else would work.

2 Likes

I still take it. Keeps me drooling at night unless I use atropine sulfate drops. :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

1 Like

Yeah I hated the drooling.

1 Like

Abilify made me drool like crazy, I woke up with a wet pillow every morning.

@GrayBear Where do you put the Atropine drops? In your mouth? Does it taste bad?

1 Like

I read that that’s an eye drop. How does an eye drop stop you from drooling?

1 Like

I put 2 drops on my tongue. My doctor prescribed it. :bear::bear::bear:

1 Like

Does it taste bad?

1 Like

It is not the best. It tastes like chemicals, but doesn’t last long. :ant::ant::ant:

1 Like

I take clozapine. I drool and I have constipation. I take 500 mgs a day.

3 Likes

I take the same amount and get constipation too. :tulip::tulip::tulip:

2 Likes

Are y’all still taking blood labs?

1 Like

Yes. Once a month. :fox_face::fox_face::fox_face:

I don’t miss that.

1 Like

Yes, I get blood labs once a month as well.

2 Likes

I am on clozaril for about 10 years it is the only medication that has worked for me, side effects are quite hard to deal with, they include weight gain, drooling, constipation, sedation, for me the pros outweigh the cons!

1 Like

Was on clozapine for 6 months about 5 years ago. That is one heavy MOFO. Haliperadol comes a close second.

Fortunatley - they put me on the invega jab in the end - and im far better suited to that.

Those two seriously wrecked me lol.

1 Like

Gave me severe ocd and anxiety symptoms to the point that i couldnt tolerate any SSRI. I had to reduce the dose to tolerate SSRIs. Plus the weight gain is huge.

1 Like

I take it. Too much drooling on pillow

1 Like

I’m on clozapine and I have had bad side effects like incontinence, drooling and restless legs.