Who is on 7,5 mgs of zyprexa?

I am still struggling to stay on this dose… I was in pain on the 10 mgs, really…
But I feel even the lowering of 2,5mgs even after a month like this lol… Since yesterday, my heart palipates, I have headaches etc etc…
But who is on 7,5 mgs too? Just checking to see I am not alone :slight_smile: .
Do you find it a big and effective dose too?
Keep going all!

When I was on Zyprexa years ago, I was on 7.5 mg as my highest dose at the time.
It was not enough to control my mania/psychosis.

I only remained on Zyprexa for about a month.
I had to come off of it because of raised blood glucose levels and hypothyroidism.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer dear… Well, I still stuck to this dose. I want to make it like this. Cause I really had some painful and abnormal sensations on the 10th…my somatics were terrible, yeap… I even started to not eat on more… Yesterday it was tough from the lowering, but today its OK. I had palpitations yesterday, I thought I am going to die… I probably have other mi than the sz, cause on me, meds don’t even work well or can be way impossible to handle, believe me, I don’t exaggerate… Yeah, me too, high glucose etc on it…

1 Like

Anyone else on this dose?
Does the Zyprexa control your anxiety in general? And your somatics? But I guess my somatics are a different illness, maybe they were even worse on 10 mgs…

I started to suffer now in fact, guys… I started to have terrible headaches again… Plus even my soul(my emotions) are like too sharp, so basically in pain… Its been a month on 7,5 mgs…
Idk, taking Zyprexa basically for somatics?.. Yeah… Ok, I guess my somatics are sz linked, but even though… I had no choice, I cant handle the pain, I took 2,5mgs additionally today… Maybe i’ll try 10 mgs once in two days…
Tbh, I have many problems and pressure from my mother… She doesn’t believe in a better life for me and pushes me to go out while I am a wreck… I take the 10 mgs only to be ‘‘available’’ to her… Well, I have my illness, but one day if I am not better on the Zyprexa till then, ill try smth else I guess… But its very scary what I have… I am not able often to even provide my food from fear of the others…
But before, I was even stopping to eat on the 10 mgs, do you find this possible? :confused: … Or its me who is too sensible and is suggesting it to myself? Yeah, Zyprexa is supposed to give you appetite, but its so oppressive on me, that I have the opposite…

I am also afraid, that the bigger doses give me social anxiety… It felt like this, really… My emotions were like ‘‘capsulated’’ in my soul core, deep inside me… And this wasn’t getting relaxed with time… What do you think about the anxiety caused by meds?
But well, tonight I am a real wreck… Everything hurts in me, mostly my soul and my head by overthinking… I literally cant stop thinking, yeap :cry: Maybe I need this ap, idk… its sad…
I remember how I was walking around with my eyes feeling crazy, the pupils wide dilated when I was on the 10 mgs… It wasn’t normal either… But yeah, now I took 10 mgs…

I’m on 20 mg

1 Like

Ok, so maybe I need months to adjust to the side effects, can somebody share? Maybe i’ll have my emotions ‘‘capsulated’’ only in the beginning? What do you think?

I was on 7.5 for a long time but when I moved to the wafer I decided that 10 mgs just covered my bases a bit better…ie helped my symptoms a bit better. If your struggling going up may help somewhat but as always talk to your doc. I do well on 10mgs but I have my bad days still. I guess it just evens out over a month and I have more good days than bad these days.

Ok, thanks for the answer @rogueone. But I consider you as the wise man here :), so could you tell me what do you think about my suppressed ability to swallow food on a bigger dose of Zyprexa? Its me or the med? I focus so much on this activity, that I have the fear of choking and its really hard to swallow food then… Sorry, but as you see, I really am in hell sometimes :cry: . Maybe this swallowing thing will pass after the first months on a bigger dose?

1 Like

I’d be asking your doc about anything strange especially if it’s something like swallowing. It could be from the meds too so it’s always good to check. I haven’t heard of it but people do get strange reactions sometimes. Get to your doctor asap.

Ok, I am definitely a wreck… Idk why I continue living… I want to live, that’s all…
I tried all the aps here on the market for ten years… Only the Zyprexa works on me, I am stuck with it… My doc doesn’t want to change it anymore…
anyway, idk why I am so alone with this…What I can do if I cant handle other aps, rogueone? and as you see, even this one is nasty to me…

No answer? Yeah, I made my mistakes… Try to save a person which brain was destroyed since an early age… Nobody cares anymore… Idk if my meds will help me… I’ll try to see about this swallowing thing those days…

Hang in there. It’s a long process but you’ll get there. It’s hard because you want everything to happen now but meds take their time to work. Focus on the now and what can be done and don’t concentrate on the negatives. One step at a time and be patient . You really need to be patient. We all do. Hugs.

OK, thanks, but what if I can’t swallow food on the zyprexa, but I can’t switch this ap anymore? Maybe this issue is in the start of the bigger dose and I’ll need more than a month on those ten mgs to adjust?

Am damn crazy, isn’t it? :cry: Yeah, I am clearly crazy and quite different from everyone here… I guess the reason is that I was in the negatives, with a stupid brain, since a kid… Not later… Since always this illness… One old friend told in my back that she despises people who give up for twenty years… I lived this time isolated, yeap… But she couldn’t know why… Cause I was severely ill since kid, untreated, with a father who was beating my mom and my sister and I never said to anyone that I feel badly… In my 18s I gave up… I started weed for years, still without a diagnosis then…
I was diagnosed in my 27 and they tried on me 11 aps with no good success for ten years… I am a bit scared I am physically destroyed already…
Well, I still want to live. But am tired from the pain…

There are options for symptoms like that I’d imagine if it’s related to Parkinsons type symptoms. I know it’s hard but try not to worry to much. I know that is hard to do but wait till you’ve see the doctor etc.

As I say. Try to keep focused on what is working and move forward from there. You’ll get better for sure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.