Who is coming off antipsychotics in the future?

Not at all.i will be never ever quit again.

I’ll probably try once eventually. If it doesn’t work though I will probably be on meds for life after that.

1 Like

How many times have you tried?

Didn’t we already have 2 or 3 threads about this topic? This is edging onto spamming.

4 Likes

I’ve never really tried except when I was first diagnosed and did not believe I had sz. So I guess maybe you could count that as once.

1 Like

It’s the subject I’m interested in…. My main focus is trying to find out about medication free recovery and what the chances are.

Don’t have to reply if you’re not interested in the topic. Not everyone is accepting and happy to be on medication for life ….

So you have an okay chance then.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know what my chances are but I’d like to give it a try after I have been stable for years.

1 Like

Definitely hope for the future then…. Wish I hadn’t tried so soon after my first episode.

1 Like

Not happy about it, I just don’t have a choice. Same goes for my heart condition, diabetes, spinal injury, and arthritis. Sometimes you have to be realistic and learn to live with a condition. Or conditions.

2 Likes

I think more than that, like 4-5 threads. Idk why he’s so obsessed about quitting meds, its not a miracle. I went off meds for 2yrs, I was less functional than on Abilify or Latuda.

Yeah I think you’re definitely right. But can be difficult to accept. I suppose it’s a process…. Even the mods are off of aps though. So it’s not bad to try

Well it’s what I think about every day and I’m interested in finding as much out as I can.

Well like I said many times before, its your choice. What did improved in your functionality so far? Were you able to keep a job for a long time on meds and now you’re able too on low dose meds or off meds? I was working full time on 80mg Latuda, I couldnt work at all off meds.

1 Like

I’m much more functional on 5mg Olanzapine than anything above. But miss feeling completely like me. I’m new to all this so it’s not very long ago that I wasn’t ill.

Not to disappoint you but even off meds for 2yrs I didnt feel the same as before sz. At least thats my own experience, idk about others.

2 Likes

Worked in the same job for 17 years…. Was excelling at work before my illness.

Can still work full time there but my career prospects have declined because of my two episodes.

I understand that I’ll be incapable of working while psychotic if I come off again.

1 Like

While I was off medication I wasn’t completely back to normal but not far from it.

1 Like

It’s fine to be interested in, but posting the same thing over and over goes against community guidelines.

Make 1 thread and keep to it. If you make more on the same topic they will be locked.

1 Like

Specifically the No Repeat Post section.

2 Likes