Who here is sz jobless

Amen sister. I worked since I was a teen too. It was odd jobs here and there like cleaning a woman’s house for $5 or raking leaves. Then I also worked part time while in college. Then after my daughter was born I worked two part time jobs while going to college. I got a job at the phone company full time with benefits when my daughter was 3. I worked there for 11 years almost 12.

2 Likes

i think most on this forum cant work, there are a few that do though,

I just try and do what i can when i can and this works for me, i would like a proper job but not many hours

1 Like

I can agree there @77nick77. People are trained by society to focus too much on success. I believe that it is enough to know that in the face of hardship, you did not crumble and were willing to try new paths if they appeared possible to reach the destination.

2 Likes

Give me a med that improves my memory, attention and concentration, get rid of my paranoia. I can’t even remember a 6 number code, chunk and it still gets jumbled in my head. A med that helps me stay on task, and then get back to me… Believe me I want to work, it’s the worse feeling having no occupation/ purpose

5 Likes

Fuuuccckkk this thread made me so depressed.

1 Like

I don’t have a job. It’s hard with meds and hallucinations, not to mention my hacked phone, I can’t understand why these people need to complicate a mentally ill person life

2 Likes

I’m on disability because I can’t work either. I get debilitating migraine headaches every day of my life. I also have degenerative arthritis in my back. I also haven’t worked in over 20 years so, I am so out of the game now.

4 Likes

Jobs are tricky… I think some people do better without them, and some people do better with them. For me personally, having my mind always doing something helps my stability.

5 Likes

I definitely do better without them. Paid jobs are too stressful for me. I seem to be able to handle volunteer jobs better.

4 Likes

Yeah. I miss working too.

1 Like

due to sz and depression im jobless since 1997…im id much prefer to have a job than sz

1 Like

Basically ‘go away’
Insulting

I worked from 14 till the age of 25. Practically everyday, even after school. There was a point where I was working 2 jobs. I’m 28 now and I dont think I’ll ever go back to work. Too much stress. I will, however, start volunteering soon which I always liked. No commitment, no after hours, nothing to hold you back. You do your own hours, on your own schedule.

When I was first ill back in the mid 70s there was very little support to help you get into work from the psych services. Throw in undiagnosed Asperger’s , a probable learning difficulty ,and quite severe social anxiety ,along with the severe mental illness, and you’re not going to do well in that respect without a lot of help and support.

It was suggested I go to a rehabilitation centre in the late 70s to see what I could do, but my then pdoc said I wasn’t well enough. The suggestion was never repeated .

I do think now there is more support,which is good, but still for many it is difficult, I think we should admire those who can work while not looking down on those who don’t.

I’m jobless. I’ve tried to work a few times. Kept getting paranoid and hiding from the customers hahahahaha. Not ideal.

I have been jobless all my life. I’m a little better. It’s the God Damn uncontrollable laughter. I had to leave the restaurant early last night because of it. If I where a second or third shift janitor I could laugh while cleaning toilets.

1 Like

Student, but yes, jobless unfortunately.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.