Who here is diagnosed with SZ/SZA and doesn’t hear voices

Curious to know…

2 Likes

I’m diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia but have never heard voices.

1 Like

So long as I take my meds it’s quiet.

3 Likes

I could have Schizoaffective but never really had voices harass me.
Maybe if I was off meds it would be a different story.

I do. I don’t recommend it lol

1 Like

I only hear the men when I see them and they talk to me. Another reason they’re real!

1 Like

I don’t hear voices.

Before I could hallucinate orchestral music if I concentrated in a certain way in bed.

Now that I’m on meds, I haven’t heard any auditory hallucination that I don’t think any normal person wouldn’t hear.

Maybe thinking something someone said referred to me, might be more paranoia anywho.

2 Likes

I’ve been diagnosed paranoid SZ or SZA depending on who you ask and I don’t hear voices, people just insert thoughts in my mind.

1 Like

I’m sza and when I’m off meds, I hallucinate all kinds of things.

1 Like

I am paranoid schizophrenic and have only heard voices 3-5 times, at least half those times drugs were consumed the same day but never seemed to be the sole cause of the voices (what i mean is the effects of pot or whatever were long gone when i heard voices).

Everyone (pdoc, nurses) think i hear voices often because i seem to be focusing on other stuff when i am talking (gaps in words). But thats not voices…just disorganized/distracted.

No voices here really. Times there were voices it never lasted more than 5 - 20 minutes

1 Like

Never - I’ve always been a failure among my peers.

3 Likes

I have schizophrenia and have never hallucinated, even without medication.

3 Likes

I’ve been steady on medications since Fall 2008. Last summer I started occasionally hearing a voice, but my pdoc upped my Risperidone and the voice went away. I have to go back to pre 2008 when I would occasionally to frequently hear voices or someone talking when no one was there. That was when I was unmedicated.

1 Like

If I take a high enough dose of antipsychotics I stop hearing voices. Although I did hear a couple breakthrough voices recently but it was like once in like a year so I’m not going to up the dose any higher because it is already pretty high

1 Like

I’m dx paranoid sz with major depression. I don’t do voices although sometimes I hallucinate usually music very rarely.

1 Like

I am diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, but don’t hear voices.

Before medication I would often hear people call my name when they didn’t, and it was getting worse, so maybe the voices weren’t far off.

1 Like

If you’re so sure that the men are real, then why are you still searching for proof? Who are you trying to convince? Us, or yourself?

2 Likes

I don’t hear voices, I just get paranoid thoughts.

1 Like

I started hearing things when I was coming off my meds about a year ago. Apart from that I have not heard them for around 4 or 5 years and I don’t think I will ever hear them again.

2 Likes

I never hallucinated in any way, voices or visual or tactile, except once when half asleep. I “just” had delusions. Paranoid sz and delusions of guilt and sin as they called it, and catatonia.

1 Like