Schizophrenia.com

Who here is diagnosed with SZ/SZA and doesn’t hear voices

I would love for the voices to go away. They’re the last symptom to respond to medication and they’re just impossible to get rid of in my case. I’m happy to not be delusional but I can’t take the verbal attacks and the violent threats I get from the voices.

2 Likes

That’s a tricky one. I don’t hear a regular, running commentary. For me it’s very occasional short bursts like “Shut up fatty” “Bggr the French” and “Sit down” . It’s very much an internal thing and hard to tell if just loud thoughts or not.

3 Likes

I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.I don’t hear voices, only sometimes I thought I was called by name, when I wasn’t.

2 Likes

Also diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and very rarely heard voices before I took meds. My main problem was delusions and me thinking people could read my mind

1 Like

I have schizoaffective, and I hallucinate only during psychotic breaks. Well, for the most part, anyway, but I don’t hear voices.

The only hallucination I’ve had since my last psychotic break (2008) is when dozens of points of light appear in front of me, then start moving around and making trails. This happened often in the months that followed the acute psychosis in 2008, then I didn’t see them again until a couple days ago. When I saw them a couple days ago it lasted only a few minutes, then they went away. Well, a couple days ago I heard different noises coming through the noise of the fan in my bedroom, and the noise of the shower, but I’m not sure those were really hallucinations.

Sorry, that turned into a long explanation to a simple question.

1 Like

I’ve heard voices before. But never while taking my meds as prescribed… only when I messed around with them.

1 Like

I’m diagnosed with adolescent-onset schizophrenia and I used to hear voices, but I do not hear them any longer (well, for 5 months or so).

1 Like

I’m diagnosed either sz or sza (not sure yet) and I’ve never heard voices. Thats kinda why I wonder if I’m bipolar sometimes. I don’t have negative or cognitive symptoms either, so I guess I must have a very mild form of the illness.

1 Like

İ don t hear or see any hallucinations. But instead i have very much delusions and paranoia as positive symptoms without drugs.my medicine keep me stable but i m not mentally perfect.

1 Like

I’ve never heard voices

1 Like

Sza bipolar. I don’t hear voices but have once or twice in the past. I hear sounds and mumbling.

1 Like

there is no voices
voices are human artificially made
we all have :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

1 Like

Sza and I’ve never heard voices.
When I took seroquel I would hear stuff like I was in a crowded room.
But otherwise, nothing.

1 Like