Who here has never worked before?

Hi, I’m 30 years old already and I jave never worked. I’m panicking thinking that maybe I won’t be able to hold a job, I fear I’m incapacitated for life. Has anyone been through this?

4 Likes

I’ve worked a few jobs but never found a job on my own. My parents helped me get every job I had because my boss was a family friend or I was literally working for them. Now they’re retired, sold their business I don’t have many skills but I’m getting better each day all I can do. Working on taking my meds. Maybe one day I can work. Or I’m gonna be a famous rapper one day… Im 29 btw.

4 Likes

I see, I’m a vet assistant but its hard to find work. Also don’t remember much of what I studied because I did ECT and well, memory loss. I have to study everything again and maybe try to find a job as a vet assistant. I hope I can do it.

3 Likes

Ive never had a full time job. Only part time. I dont have any education. The whole job world seems hard and far away.

1 Like

what part-time jobs did u had?

1 Like

Cleaning and grocery shop. How about internship? That can be a way in for you.

2 Likes

I worked in few places. It was good but it didn’t last. I wasn’t taking AP so i was unwell.

2 Likes

I love animals and I’ve considered so many careers including vet assistant. But all I enjoy in life that I’m actually capable of doing is making music. When I was 21 I got caught in the delusion that I was Jesus or the chosen one. And that just lead me to more delusions and drugs and alcoholism. I’ve ■■■■■■ myself up badly at times. But now I’m making a recovery and my music is coming along. I’m too paranoid for it sometimes but it’s allgood

Music is a good hobby of mine but I don’t wanna chase any success rather just share what I’d like to with the world. I’ve always gone at it wrong and now I finally have it right, I’m finally making good stuff.

6 Likes

don’t worry, I had the delusion I was a goddess, so I understand you. I hope to work as a vet assistant and see how it goes. I had a conversation with my mother and she told me she will always love me no matter if I can work or not and will always help me, so I feel better now.

2 Likes

I had to quit my well paying job 8 years early before retirement age. Couldn’t deal with crowds.

2 Likes

im 43 and had a job for one year when I was 20…I was a security guard…was a great job money wise and easy work

but I have worked since as I had severe depression in my early 20’s and then at 26 I got sz which has kept me out of work

1 Like

I’d worked from the age of 15 odd jobs and such as a teen. I worked in college. I’d go to work at 5 am til 7 am and go to class at 8 smelling like grease. Then after college I worked as much as I could (2 jobs or double shifts). When my daughter was 3 I got a job with the phone company and worked there for almost 12 years b4 I had to go on disability

2 Likes

I worked for 23 years. Quit in 1998.

1 Like

I’m 31 and only baby-sat when I was young.

1 Like

I worked a lot in my 20s but have been on disability for 10+ years now.

I worked in retail, hospitality, research assistant at the University.

Now I relapse easily from stress so don’t work.

1 Like

I worked as a builders assistant when I was 17 for £30 a day cash in hand, basically on site getting all the tarmac up with a jackhammer - with no training - He would leave me on my own for hours, as soon as he drove away I would sit on a pile soil for hours bored until I heard his van come down the path than I’d do some jackhammering, easy £30, lol Since then I haven’t worked, been on disability benefits for 16 years…

I am 27,5 years old and I am unemployed for above five months. I worked with contract for about half of the year thanks to my ruling of disability (moderate level, special disease - mental illness) and without contract for about… 8 hours, one hour on eight days. When I was about 12, I pick fruits in small locality where my grandmother lived. I think that it is very bad that I have no job because I have lower income, have much time to watch TV or spend it in the Internet.

The longest I ever worked at any one place was three years. I was always either quitting, or more often, getting fired. I’ve had so many jobs I can’t count them all.

1 Like

I never worked too.
I’m 32 years old.
I have disorganized schizophrenia.

I was studying at technical university of engineering. I drop out
After that I was attending a public institute to become a pastry chef until December 18’.I drop out because of negative symptoms before the last semester.

I am from Greece and the unemployment rates in population is 20%
So it is very difficult to find something even if you haven’t got a health problem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.