Who hears audible voices on meds?

All day? Or just for a few hours?

So youve tried all the meds?

I hear voices sometimes. Usually not under stress but when I’m sleepy or tired.

1 Like

When I was on 40mg of olanzapine I never heard voices, but as I reduced it because of side effects, at around 10ng I became psychotic and started hearing voices again and became delusional. That was back in 2018 when I was last hospitalized. The voices were in my head, not external, and just sounded like I am talking to myself in my head, but it was someone else.

I am now on 60mg of Lurasidone and I don’t hear voices anymore.

1 Like

How many hours per day did you have them?

1 Like

Enough of them

7 AP’s, 4 AD’s, 5 sleepers, 3 Benzos and Pregabalin

1 Like

It really wasn’t on a schedule. it was completely random. i could go days without hearing voices, then I could have a day where they were talking to me for minutes or hours.

1 Like

Your a warrior to me. What are your coping mechanisms?

Ok, so not all day? Just hours at their worst?

1 Like

I am just driven. Don’t know where the strength comes from but I do not let these mental defects get in the way

Now I am 34 years old. My childhood I was Autistic, and life sucked because in the 90’s nobody cared about that kinda thing.

Then 11 to 17 I took a lot of drugs, and life also sucked then as well.

Since 16/17 psychosis was a problem until I got enough effect from Amisulpride at age 31…

After that Anxiety and Depression became a problem, but what I say to those Dx’s is this:

:fu:

2 Likes

Yeah, I would talk to them in my head. If they started to command me to do things, or insult me, or get angry towards me I tended to get belligerent and fight back and not do what they said to do just to spite them. My guess is they got bored and went away for a while, I don’t really know, but that is how mine worked.

It wasn’t always negative though, sometimes I had positive experiences too.

1 Like

Very good advice at the start there.Do you still do things you enjoy or find joy in life?

I have zero hobbies apart from music.

My work keeps me busy, and I enjoy that.

No social life to speak of

Occasionally I go to the cinema. Saw Dune the other day which I like a lot. Can’t wait until part 2 comes out. Cool story

2 Likes

I voted for “Yes i hear voices on meds all day”… but that doesn’t exactly match. None of the options matched for me. I don’t just get voices under stress, and I don’t get them all day.

It seems pretty random for me. Sometimes, I hear voices because of stress, but other times, I hear voices for seemingly no reason. It just happens. It’s not every day (unless I’m declining). Sometimes, I’ll hear voices every day, all day. Other times, I’ll hear voices every few days.

I don’t see a pattern. It’s all so random, it seems.

4 Likes

On meds? Things are pretty quiet, unless I’m under a lot of stress. Off meds? Hooo boy it gets to be a ■■■■ show pretty quick

2 Likes

Very impressive my kind sir, indeed. What do you do if you dont mind me asking?

Also heard dunes review on the radio, sounds triggering as fck, well, to me with 50/50 insight!

Dune was so good!! I’m super excited for part 2

2 Likes

I am a Data analyst

It might be triggering, but some things just have to be watched.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the responses! And to thosr whi have yet to see this

1 Like

Iv had thought voices. The longest iv had them was 9 hours per day, they stopped when i stopped being physically active, like moving i mean

1 Like