Who has weird peocupations

Preoccupations. Anything, I won’t judge.

2 Likes

I pick my nose lol

2 Likes

I’m an atheist but I’m becoming increasingly preoccupied with the afterlife. So that’s weird.

3 Likes

Is it a bad preoccupation or good regarding the afterlife? Mine seems to be bad. Regarding hell.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s about there being a hell, and me or others ending up there.

1 Like

I have the same problem. It’s so depressing right?

1 Like

I have a ritualistic way I lay out my meds every night -I don’t know why, they just have to be that way

4 Likes

Looks OCD related to me. I used to have that when I was younger but not so much now.

1 Like

I seem to have a strange preoccupation with numbers. Certain numbers jump off the page at me. Also I count my steps while I’m walking. It annoys me sometimes, because there is so many more useful things I could be doing with my time

2 Likes

Raising chickens from the dead.

Arise, chicken. Chicken, arise.

2 Likes

Note to self
Don’t
Roast
Chickens
Noted

I use to be an atheist, then I realized it is equal but opposite to theism,. I thought about it and decided if I was going to be honest with myself I couldn’t prove or disprove the existence of God. So I changed and became agnostic.

Then I heard the question “What is the source of morality” (If you believe in morality that is). Sometimes I’ve had to think about certain things but my atheist sensibilities have always been able to answer every question I’ve come across but I haven’t been able to answer that question in a satisfying way. The only answer I have been given was that God is the source of morality, but I’ve never believed in God so I am not ready to accept that answer just yet. That is the question that has preoccupied me for a long time now

2 Likes

Preoccupied with
Reality
Carving out a reality
Within a reality
Mine
Preoccupied with
Words
Thoughts
Meaning
Preoccupied with
Exploration
Black holes
Rabbit holes
Why
Preoccupied with
Order
Chaos
Preoccupied with
Shape
Lines
Curves
Preoccupied with
Finding a way
Through
Back to
My world
A world within a world

1 Like

Avoiding the number four. I don’t think anything catastrophic will happen, I just prefer to avoid 4. Ever since hearing that in Chinese and Korean cultures 4 is considered bad and unlucky because the exact characters for “four” are the same as for “death”, and 9 is also because those two characters mean “slow death”

I listen to music 24/7. I even sleep with music. Even when I’m in a restaurant with people, I’ll listen to music. It helps me to relax.

1 Like

I think human beings are born with the capacity for Morality. As the Buddha said, just as there is a physical universe and an energetic Universe, there is also a moral component to the universe

Let’s see how long it is before this gets flagged LOL

2 Likes

Morals do not need religion as a source. They’re basically just beliefs on what a person finds acceptable to do.

Everyone has a set of beliefs, religion notwithstanding.

So we can keep this thread religion-free, guys.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.