I've become obsessed with the "afterlife"

When I was a teenager I used to dream of a better future. But now it’s the same thing, it’s just the better future is a better life in the afterlife.

It’s impossible to know if there actually is an afterlife. Also as I’m fond of saying there’s no certainty it’s going to be any better than this life if it exists.

That hasn’t stopped me from becoming obsessed about it recently though.

6 Likes

What do you think has sparked this?

I’m an athiest. But I think recently I started to consider that there may be an afterlife as a result of all my whacky schizophrenic “spritual” experiences.

I’m not sure why that would lead to me obsessing about it though.

3 Likes

i hope you have a great afterlife if there is one

1 Like

nobody deserves to suffer. hopefully you are paying your dues in this life with sz for a great afterlife

1 Like

I think everyone at some point feels the call of God if we ignore it eventually we don’t hear it anymore.

1 Like

part of my delusion is that i am going to burn in afterlife but it’s bullshyt. God is with me always. as long as i love.

you dont have to believe in God. to me God is love

I think we split, part of us is spirit and part of us has a physical rebirth.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering about the afterlife myself. I guess it wouldn’t be so bad if you just ceased to exist. You wouldn’t know you didn’t exist, so why would it bother you? Somehow I can’t conceive of not existing. I realize that I didn’t exist for the 13.7 billion years that the universe went on its merry way without me, but I still can’t take in the idea that whatever it is I am would cease to exist.

7 Likes

I absolutely believe and am counting on an afterlife. It’s been promised and I maintain my belief in that promise. I’m not concerned about the details. As long as I’m with God, since I’ve felt keenly my separation while here.
I’m not trying to get religious. This is my belief about an afterlife. I’ve always said that if I’m wrong, I’ll find out.
It’s human to wonder about the unknown. That’s why humans ventured into new lands and to outer space. Humans are curious and always want to know what’s beyond what we already know. It’s natural to think about, especially as we age.

3 Likes

Believing in something better is all the hope I have left in life.

3 Likes

I think my actions and thoughts in the last few years of my life have revolved around the supposed different destinations I may end up in my afterlife. I am completely obsessed with it because I am obsessed with not being tormented when I die. I am also very hopeful that I will go to some sort of heaven or better place when I die. I also somewhat believe in re-incarnation which I am hoping won’t happen to me because I want to be liberated from the cycle of death and rebirth. However, I believe that means achieving enlightenment which I’m probably going to have a hard time with in this lifetime.

1 Like

I believe pretty strongly in an afterlife or I wouldnt think “wouldnt it be nice to be dead?” But i bet i will still have to do laundry, dishes, and brush my teeth in Heaven. Theres just no real escape.

2 Likes

I have been a doubter of the Bible for much of my life but there was an awesome dream i once had in a Psych Ward that made me believe I saw the essence of God although i couldn’t imagine that we came from nothing, or for no particular reason as it was. I do agree however with @crimby that I do wonder where I’ve been for all the time before I came to be. The interesting thing is I can’t describe the details of that dream.

1 Like

you could always build an elaborate tomb… study for the 3 Anubis riddles and hope you pass the feather of truth test… then you can take your place among the stars lol…

1 Like

I don’t know about an afterlife. I was taking care of a man who was dying and was so mad his family was in town and wouldn’t sit with him. He was in Chayne-Stokes respirations, which occur close to death, and he wasn’t conscious but would become agitated. I would stroke his arm when this happened and he calmed down. I was by his side when he died and I just felt like it would be wrong for him to die alone. I just hope when it happens to me that someone will comfort my agitation. It was a very spiritual experience unattached to religion.

4 Likes

Worried about you lately. Feeling like maybe Abilify isn’t cutting it for you anymore. You’ve been kinda off this year I think. Could just be me being a nervous nelly.

2 Likes

Do you have any interests, what do you like doing?

1 Like

U’ll get there

2 Likes