Who has a job?

I don’t have a job yet but I’m hoping someday soon I will. So who has a job and what kind of job is it?

1 Like

I had a job and was able to work on it for two months. But I got really depressed and decided to study art again in order to work with it. Sometimes I create drawings for people though.

4 Likes

I have two part-time jobs, teaching at a community college and working as a pharmacy tech. It’s hard, but I have no choice.

4 Likes

Wow, two jobs. You must make a lot of money. I don’t think I would be a good teacher but maybe I could be a pharmacy tech.

I work for myself, have been doing my job for 22 years now, I can set my own hours and refuse work if I want, it is a good fit with SZ, as I probably would have been fired if I worked for anyone over the years.

2 Likes

I did a couple months ago but right now I’m getting my mental health straight

No, I really don’t make much money, though it is significantly higher than what I would get on disability.

3 Likes

My job is part time 9 hours a week. I kind of want to b fired cus I hate it so much. Stress and anxiety

Yeah getting your mental health straightened out is probably more important then a job.

1 Like

I work as an Insight Analyst. I just basically sit at a desk moving data around spreadsheets and listen to music all day. It’s pretty cool, I am allowed to work four days a week, and I am living on my own and breakeven on the bills.

My case worker wants me on 3 days a week, but I told her I cannot afford this, so she is now trying to get me on a PIP (It’s a non-means tested benefit in the U.K.)

5 Likes

Man working as an insight analyst seems like my kind of job. The only assistance I get is my veterans benefits which isn’t going to cut it anymore. So I need a job and I’m excited to be more independent.

1 Like

It’s great. I have been allowed to be less client facing because of my illness, and I am allowed smoke breaks as I start earlier than everyone else so my manager doesn’t mind.

Teach yourself Excel, power point and may try out some VBA coding if you want to do this. Udemy/Google/Mr Excel/Stack Overflow are great places to start.

It’s a pretty good role to go for, a lot of companies are hiring insight analysts because they sit on tons of data and you can save them money by going through it, making recommendations and efficiency savings.

Most companies are hiring them now, and it’s hard to hire for this kind of role.

I started for the company as a temp two days a week, and I am self-taught.

2 Likes

Insurance broker. I specialize in commercial solutions – been doing it for almost 2 years now.

:blush:

4 Likes

I volunteer
I work at Alzheimer society putting new referrals on computer and send out letters
I work at citizens advice doing admin and spreadsheets
I work at charity shop tagging and steaming clothes
I hope to get part time paid work at some point

1 Like

I’m in sales. I go to professional sports venues and promote the newspaper. It’s 20-25 hours a week and I make about 4x disability. It would be nice to do nothing and collect a check, but the extra cash is too much an incentive. Rather than sit on my duff, I choose to work.

3 Likes

Credit consultant. I give loans to people and make sure they pay the loans weekly, the pay is not great but I make my own schedule

2 Likes

I work for a mental health advocacy group, mostly in an administrative role. I make sure the money goes where it needs to go, and the people do what they need to do.

4 Likes

I’m in data aquicistions and innovative solutions. Basically I have no idea what the hell I do.

:joy:

3 Likes

Wow, you are lucky.

so you do monitoring and appraising !