Who else has switched to another country at some point?

I live in Finland and moved here in 1991 from Estonia. Anyone else moved too?
And do you think you have more mental illness because you are not living where you kinda belong?

1 Like

I became ill after living for 3 years in a foreign country. Probably immigration increases the risk for psychotic disorders.

2 Likes

That’s sad to hear @Andrey what country i have to avoid? just kidding :smile:

2 Likes

I was living in France. I was quite lonely…

3 Likes

My voices are from all over the Tellus - they include their country name at the end of the sentences, so if I’d move back to Estonia now, I could say F*CK OFF - this is my country.

I moved from NYC to Portugal 10 months ago. I actually like it a lot more. More space, more sun, less stress. :smiley:

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking and dreaming about moving to Mexico for a very, very long time and never doing anything about it. I’m still dreaming about it. I don’t have anything holding me back anymore except I get all of my health care from the VA health care system and I don’t know how I would get health care in Mexico. Does anybody know if the national health care in Mexico is available to foreigners? I have family there.

Yeah I left the country at a young age and live-in three different countries. It makes sense. Culture shock and new environment, new languages. It is not easy

1 Like

I left Norway when I was20 to go live in Denmark. MY mental healtrh deteriorated afterwards, but that was due to the easier access to illegal drugs. Now that I’m off them, I’m getting a much better mental health treatment than I could even expect in Norway.

I don’t regret moving one bit, although adjusting to the culture and being away from closest family was rough at first.

2 Likes

I moved to Germany as a teen… loved it… stayed on after my family had left… but my work visa ran out and I was sent back to America… one day I will escape again… to a different land…

I’ve lived in a few different countries in Europe and now I’m back where I started.

1 Like

Yes I moved from the US to Switzerland roughly 10 years ago… I think it kind of kept me sharp and improved a bit of my issues actually

1 Like

Im from Spain, and few month ago I went to live in Scotland were they kept with the torture. One of the things they did to me was making me belive the massons wanted me for be one of them, and mind games of god against evil, made me lose money, stuck in my room. … But I came back to my country lot stronger. … well, today was my second day in my new job and suddenly started to cry from the tic they cuased me from a trauma when I was four years ola
Lets see next day

1 Like

But I want to belive im more positive than before,
Next year maybe ill move to India, south América Who knows

1 Like

And how you feel?

Everyday is a struggle right at the moment. But I have good days and bad days so that’s not unusual.

1 Like

Im from spain, never have this things before or at least if people is suffering you can hear nothing. … but spain is becoming like us, not that much but…is pointing will be

Why you came back?

I was just diagnosed and felt it was time to return.

1 Like

But maybe you progress lot better out of there! How you do for get a job?

1 Like