Do you ever dream of relocating to a foreign country?

was over at mom’s and she was listening to irish music. in my head it made me think about trying to immigrate and living life. i get bored with this place now that im no longer playing sports to keep me pre-occupied and oblivious to it’s flaws. i want to live sometimes, and sometimes get the itch to cross the ocean and settle in a foreign country.

3 Likes

I’ve dreamed of it 4 times, and done it two of those times.
The time I didn’t relocate was because it was a country where you can only migrate from Europe if you can prove you’re a useful employee, and I doubted my high school diploma and one year as a convenience store clerk and daycare temp was good enough.
The other time it was because the school I was gonna apply to asked for a portfolio, and I was too ashamed of my work.

2 Likes

I dreamt of going to Sweden but the language difference stopped me.

1 Like

I don’t want to leave. I think it’d be too stressful

3 Likes

No I love English transport too much lol. Well Idk it’s a combination of things that make me want to stay where I am.
Like @ZmaGal, I think moving would be too stressful for me Idk if I’d be able to adapt to a new country and that uncertainty freaks me the hell out.

3 Likes

i came to the conclusion that no matter where you move, you will always bring yourself. So really it doesn’t matter where I live geographically I just need to be comfortable with myself and also be able to pay the bills and have roof overhead.

I’ve dreamt of being a drifter though or a nomad. just cruising around like a vagabond. cant really couch surf with covid now though.

5 Likes

When unmedicated I went to Cuba, Germany, Netherlands and Italy. Italy and Cuba were the most fun bcz I was with my parents there. I had paranoia all along though and I crashed in mental hospital after slightly over a year of being unmedicated.

1 Like

I thought the Italian mafia were after me lol

2 Likes

I’ve done it once. It was fun but I was a lot younger. It really doesn’t bother me but if you can afford it and get the opportunity it’s great to live in a different culture. Even if it’s another English speaking one.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind living in Estonia. I’ve become familiar with their language and folks.

2 Likes

Yeah, Canada, but I’m pretty reliant on my federal disability and medicare so realistically I need to stay in the United States regardless.

2 Likes

Only if that country was in the United States.

4 Likes

In my younger years I wanted to go overseas.

But nowadays I’m fairly content where I am.

Besides, all my stuff is here. Moving my collections of DVDs and books would be a nightmare.

4 Likes

Dude, I had to totally throw out or sell every item I owned before moving to California. I could only take with me what I could fit into two suitcases, and most of that was clothes and my PS4 and laptop. Fortunately I only buy games digitally so my 200+ video games are tied to my accounts and re-downloadable at any time. None of the strategy guides I lost hurt me because wiki is just as good (although it’s unfortunately a lot more spoilery). As far as what I ended up throwing out or storing back home, were like 8 old game systems, hundreds of games, hundreds of guides, and lots of collector’s edition knick knacks. A lifetime worth of collected stuff. So many game boys.

I lost all my dvds. I don’t buy movies digitally so total wipe on that.

It is pretty liberating to be mobile though. The big barrier to moving back to Virginia if we ever decide to do that is how to get my 75 inch TV back home in one piece.

3 Likes

I would only consider Canada

With my mental disorders though I don’t think I could go, as I read somewhere that if your going to be a burden on their health system, it’s a flat no

3 Likes

Yes, i would love to live somewhere more rural, somewhere with more nature. I cant. But it would be great.

1 Like

Sometimes I think about moving to Spain. Who knows if it will happen. Time will tell.

4 Likes

I’ve been considering leaving america. I think I’d like to live in europe

3 Likes

Work relateted, yes id go.

1 Like

yeah listening to irish music, made me want to migrate to ireland. i’ve also considered canada, but weather. or have considered working on my spanish and moving to south america. but the reality of it, is i would have to be working, and it would be difficult with sza. it’s unrealistic, but sometimes i get the itch to see the world, leave this country behind, and become an expat in a foreign culture.

1 Like