Who do you take your meds for

Do you take your meds for yourself or do you take them for your loved ones, your community, your doctors?

For myself…

2 Likes

For my loved ones. They deserve me to act like a normal human not a raging one

4 Likes

The Governor of Colorado signed a paper saying I had to be on meds. So be it.

2 Likes

I take them for myself. I don’t have kids or a significant other, though.

1 Like

For myself and my family.
I can become dangerous off meds.

1 Like

Myself and my mom.

1 Like

Myself, because I want to be sane.
And my family and friends, because they want to see me healthy and happy.

1 Like

For myself. I’ve tried to get off of them, and I caved every time.

1 Like

For myself. I’m addicted to Seroquel and maybe Prozac.

2 Likes

Myself, family, and society. I’d probably be so anxious off of them. I really believe I’m in the matrix. Doesn’t help that it was in the news today after a billionaire said he thinks so too Haha. Problem is I cannot get over it. I’d suffer from solipsism or something. Would barely even be functional. I guess I do it for myself, mainly.

I’m pretty sure I’m in a time loop.

3 Likes

Originally when I started taking meds it was for my doctors, then when my family saw how much better I could be they wanted me to keep taking them so I did for them, now I do it because I get scared by how I start to think and feel when I don’t take them. So I guess I take the meds for all of us.

1 Like

Mainly myself. My sisters want me to do good but I’m a grown adult and they can’t help me as much as when I was young. I can’t drag them down by not taking my meds. I have to sink or swim so the smartest thing to do is keep taking them.

2 Likes

My loved ones. If it was just for me I would take them all at once. But that’s not fair to my kids

1 Like

Me. I don’t like hospitals and that’s where I end up without them.

3 Likes

I was just thinking about this recently. It seems many people with psychosis have to take their meds so that they are not a burden to others rather than because they really want to.

I take meds for myself to improve my personal functioning & quality of life.

2 Likes

I take them for myself so I don’t end up homeless, stressed and crazy

3 Likes

Are you serious? How did that happen?

1 Like

For myself and family. I can’t say I like explaining to my poor mother when I slash my arm up or her having to drive through a blizzard to get me to an intake.

1 Like

For my husband and for myself. If it weren’t for my husband I’d be more tempted to come off them at times but even when I’m well I tell myself take them bcuz I can’t afford to be ill when I have my husband to look after. If I don’t take them i can’t look after him and not even myself. And would have to return to hospital.

1 Like